If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
I just bought the Sony A8OJ, finally jumping on that QLED wave, getting it setup tomorrow.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The OLED hype is 100% valid.
Biggest upgrade to my set up by far.
120hz is cool but true black is what makes the biggest difference in the overall image quality.
I used to swear by my QLED (which to be fair is still a great tv and I highly recommend it) but OLED looks far superior in every way.
Ratchet and clank which already looked like a Pixar movies looks way better.
When a black screen or dark area is being shown on the TV, it looks like the TV is literally turned off. That's how black it is :wow:

The blacks are so black it makes Wesley Snipes look like current Sammy Sosa.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
When a black screen or dark area is being shown on the TV, it looks like the TV is literally turned off. That's how black it is :wow:

The blacks are so black it makes Wesley Snipes look like current Sammy Sosa.
Facts.
Also…I read a lot of people claiming the tv isn’t bright enough…I’m not sure where they have their TVs but this OLED is bright as hell in my living room. I was expecting it to look significantly dimmer than my qled and honestly, I don’t see a difference in brightness at all.
Another thing, this tv has the best image out of the box of any tv I’ve ever owned. I only tweaked a few minor things but I’m super impressed with how great it looks by default. It took me months of tweaking before I had my qled dialed in the way I wanted it.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Facts.
Also…I read a lot of people claiming the tv isn’t bright enough…I’m not sure where they have their TVs but this OLED is bright as hell in my living room. I was expecting it to look significantly dimmer than my qled and honestly, I don’t see a difference in brightness at all.
Another thing, this tv has the best image out of the box of any tv I’ve ever owned. I only tweaked a few minor things but I’m super impressed with how great it looks by default. It took me months of tweaking before I had my qled dialed in the way I wanted it.

What tv were you coming from ?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts.
Yeah, I even looked up best settings online and surprisingly I hardly changed anything. It's damn near plug and play. I mess with the Trumotion feature occasionally if I'm playing something less twitchy like a JRPG where the Smooth feature makes it looks real smooth.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I really need my TV to die to justify buying one of these. I can't do it with my KS8000 still kickin :francis:

Ya'll enjoy though :mjcry:

I thought I was the only one who thinks like this. I have an OLED in the living room and really want one in the bedroom, but I just can't justify it since my Samsung Curve is holding up w/no problems..lol

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
It's nice but it's not BETTER than what we all had in crt. Digital foundry pointed that fact out, and having had both I agree. I know it's not popular to speak truths around here so I'll brace for impact...

yo, you really in here talking about CRT's?

I really need my TV to die to justify buying one of these. I can't do it with my KS8000 still kickin :francis:

yeah, i have 6 year old 55" Samsung.
shyt is great and i'm not thinking about getting rid of it any time soon.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
yo, you really in here talking about CRT's?

yeah, i have 6 year old 55" Samsung.
shyt is great and i'm not thinking about getting rid of it any time soon.
If you can appreciate how machine learning works then you can't let you ego blind you from how a CRT worked. You likely had them and you know how crisp the images were back then. But your desire to be first to something new made you the perfect guinea pig/pied Piper.

Now I'm not saying CRT shyts on an OLED. I'm just acknowledging that the TV business is a hustle and nikkaz love buzzwords that cost $$$.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Same. I have a Samsung 4k 55in from 2015 still kicking. The minute it's done tho:mjgrin:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
If you can appreciate how machine learning works then you can't let you ego blind you from how a CRT worked. You likely had them and you know how crisp the images were back then. But your desire to be first to something new made you the perfect guinea pig/pied Piper.

Now I'm not saying CRT shyts on an OLED. I'm just acknowledging that the TV business is a hustle and nikkaz love buzzwords that cost $$$.

my Samsung is 6 yrs old.
i'm not jumping on new tech, just dumbfounded that you would bring CRT into this at all.
i'm not an electrical engineer but i have a layman's understanding of how CRT's work.
i grew up with the TV equivalent to CRT's like most of the heads here.

29736258-dirty-mattress-and-wooden-pillow-at-dumpster.jpg