If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I need to figure out how to turn these ads off on these LG TVs. As soon as I turn them on there's some ad in the top left corner.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to figure out how to turn these ads off on these LG TVs. As soon as I turn them on there's some ad in the top left corner.

google “how to turn off ads on LG tv”…I came across some stuff but if you look yourself you might find something more specific to the exact TV/issue you have

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Oh damn you going in :wow:

Funny enough Ratchet dropped an update for a 40FPS mode when on a 120hz display since it's divisible evenly.

I gotta get a new cable for my PC though, it's too short and it's probably not high speed HDMI. :snoop:
40 isn't enough to make use of VRR so I don't even understand why it's an option :dahell:
only LG and sony make OLEDs?

need to step my shyt up

can’t have y’all looking down on my televisions

*edit*

oops…just seen the un-magic words—burn in—I’m out :hubie:
Burn in is no longer an issue and never was an issue for anyone other than the earliest of adaptors. Just do a little research on these oleds. Only LG makes panels at the moment, Sony about to bed in the market and so will Samsung soon. OLED is basically this gens plasma and plasma had the same issues at first. They are more ahead of the curve so to speak this time. I leave my TV on almost 24/7, play games, watch TV that has static images and I have no burn in or ghosting issues at all, ever. My TV has a built in screen dimmer so it's not an issue ..
Okay bruh and when are you gonna get a Series X?
I was thinking maybe December 2020 would be a good time, might even hook up a illumiroom type setup like this

You see that rectangle box to the bottom right of the TV? I think you can even hear my son in this video :win:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
40 isn't enough to make use of VRR so I don't even understand why it's an option :dahell:

Burn in is no longer an issue and never was an issue for anyone other than the earliest of adaptors. Just do a little research on these oleds. Only LG makes panels at the moment, Sony about to bed in the market and so will Samsung soon. OLED is basically this gens plasma and plasma had the same issues at first. They are more ahead of the curve so to speak this time. I leave my TV on almost 24/7, play games, watch TV that has static images and I have no burn in or ghosting issues at all, ever. My TV has a built in screen dimmer so it's not an issue ..

I was thinking maybe December 2020 would be a good time, might even hook up a illumiroom type setup like this

You see that rectangle box to the bottom right of the TV? I think you can even hear my son in this video :win:

All VRR does is adjust the refresh rate to whatever the frame rate of the game is in real time so when dips and drops happen the gameplay is still smooth

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Man, the colors on this TV is insane. Every game just looks so much better I'm shocked I didn't have it before.
It's nice but it's not BETTER than what we all had in crt. Digital foundry pointed that fact out, and having had both I agree. I know it's not popular to speak truths around here so I'll brace for impact...

Daps
only LG and sony make OLEDs?

need to step my shyt up

can’t have y’all looking down on my televisions

*edit*

oops…just seen the un-magic words—burn in—I’m out :hubie:
burn in is a non-issue
had 0 problems so far and so have a lot of other people
they have implemented so much anti-burn in technology I doubt you will get burn in with the latest OLEDs
the fidelity, color, and picture quality make up for any risk of burn in

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I want OLED but the Roku TV us so convenient for me.

I don't like the software on my Samsung TV at a.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The OLED hype is 100% valid.
Biggest upgrade to my set up by far.
120hz is cool but true black is what makes the biggest difference in the overall image quality.
I used to swear by my QLED (which to be fair is still a great tv and I highly recommend it) but OLED looks far superior in every way.
Ratchet and clank which already looked like a Pixar movies looks way better.