If you don't have an OLED I can't respect you

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who got a 4K TV too early (got one in 2015 when HDR support wasn't even a standard feature across fill product lines yet), holding out for 8K probably isn't the move right now.

To start with the basic stuff, manufacturers still aren't consistently getting TVs out there with more than two HDMI 2.1 ports (except LG's OLED range), and you'll need that to actually pump out 8K content.

Additionally, there's just no content for it right now, with no real timeline on when it'll readily be available. We're struggling to get consistent sources of actual 4K. Steaming services offer 4K video, but you're at the mercy of ISPs, and there would absolutely be another price increase across the board for services to cover the bandwidth of 8K video, along with HDR 10/Dolby Vision data. We're at least a generation away from 8K games being worth it, since we're still struggling to get consistent 4K/60 with decent lighting and shaders. If it happens, brehs need to accept that it's gonna be some 8K at 20-30 FPS shyt.

In between now and whenever those problems get solved, there will probably be at least one revision to the HDMI standard to support increased bandwidth needs, making anything you buy at 8K in the next couple of years be serviceable, but not what you would like to see.

The days of being able to buy a TV and have no real need for a new one for 10-15 years died when they made HD content readily available. Realistically, you're looking at probably wanting (if not needing) to pull the trigger on an upgrade every five years or so now.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Got my C1 55 in delivered today from Best Buy. Looked at a bunch of YouTube unboxing and setup videos, because I know it is important not to pinch the glass and to be extra careful with the screen. Had to do it solo, so made sure to use the styrofoam when lifting and kept plastic on while lifting TV..

Wasn't as bad as I expected it to be :ehh:

Now to play around with all the different options.