If you don't do Incline Bench Press shame on you

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I see no reason why it shouldn't be part of your routune unless your shoulders are really fuked up.

Also I have heard people said that flat bench and decline are too similar. And I would rather do dips then decline.

But what are your guys thoughts on decline bench?

kingsteve

Pro
Daps
I see no reason why it shouldn't be part of your routune unless your shoulders are really fuked up.

Also I have heard people said that flat bench and decline are too similar. And I would rather do dips then decline.

But what are your guys thoughts on decline bench?
I tried decline with bar once and that shyt was scary and very uncomfortable..I do hammer strength decline and dips.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I did incline only for 2 yrs and never touched a flat bench, got to where I could do 225 for like 3-5 reps and 105 DBs for like 3-4 reps, did flat bench for the first time in years a few months ago and was doing 295-300 for 3 reps and probably could get 315 max.

I`m going to try alternating Incline on one day and Flat on other day.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:lupe:Why do you think its a waste of time?
I get the same results from just flat bench and I'm not doing it for looks so I don't use it. I'm bias because any strength coaches or even stuff I've read online say you don't need all of that to grow. Now don't get me wrong I see cats do it and they have nice bodies but for me I choose not to do it. I also only do about 4/5 barbell exercises anyway so there's that to take into account.

semtex

:)
Daps
speaking of bench press variations...y'all ever tried doing bench press from a dead stop? like resting the weight on the pins between reps :wow:

GuChiMeng

East (Asian) Atlanta Santa
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I stopped doing it roughly a year ago. Perhaps it's why my bench gains haven't been very good this year. My OHP is :mjcry: too tho (which I also stopped doing). There's too much damn flat BP volume on sheiko.

I see TONS of people doing incline DB presses tho back at my school gym and even at my new gym. Almost no one does decline I think, and reasonably so. I don't see much use for it.

speaking of bench press variations...y'all ever tried doing bench press from a dead stop? like resting the weight on the pins between reps :wow:

Pin presses wreak havoc on my elbows. Prefer floor presses personally.

qwicknezz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been focusing on my chest on this slow bulk, so i've been hitting it from all angles on chest day
Incline Dumbells, Decline Barbells, weighted dips, chest flies got my pumps on some crazy shyt...

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Read this thread last night and did inclines this morning at the gym. Got 105 5 times. Could have went up to 110 or 115 but I didnt have a spotter and almost dropped one of the Dumbbells on me while getting into position so I called it quits after that.

Last edited: