If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Hit em with the

giphy.gif

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I know what you are saying and do empathize but don't take it too serious..

Older black men or black men 30 plus always do the nod anyone much younger won't get it or understand it. I don't even bother with younger black men doing the nod.

I however do NOT tell the story or even divulge anything about it with non POC especially white people. I simply just let it be a "black mystery" when any cac sees it and goes "Hey why do you guys all do the nod to each other".

I learned the story of the nod or at least a version of it from a much older black man when I was 16 and doing a summer job at a old folks home.

Elder told me "The nod was a way of protection for us black folk as lynchings and murders were quite common. Mind you we didn't all have cars so we had to walk everywhere. The nod was a way for black men who didn't know one another to have a friendly greeting and if something ever did happen and a black man ended up missing from coming home from work or walking at night then at least someone can say "hey I saw him on such and such road at this time" so we would know where at least the direction a black man was heading so we know where to at least look".

When I heard that story....the nod had much more meaning to me.

:ohhh:

:wow:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I know what you are saying and do empathize but don't take it too serious..

Older black men or black men 30 plus always do the nod anyone much younger won't get it or understand it. I don't even bother with younger black men doing the nod.

I however do NOT tell the story or even divulge anything about it with non POC especially white people. I simply just let it be a "black mystery" when any cac sees it and goes "Hey why do you guys all do the nod to each other".

I learned the story of the nod or at least a version of it from a much older black man when I was 16 and doing a summer job at a old folks home.

Elder told me "The nod was a way of protection for us black folk as lynchings and murders were quite common. Mind you we didn't all have cars so we had to walk everywhere. The nod was a way for black men who didn't know one another to have a friendly greeting and if something ever did happen and a black man ended up missing from coming home from work or walking at night then at least someone can say "hey I saw him on such and such road at this time" so we would know where at least the direction a black man was heading so we know where to at least look".

When I heard that story....the nod had much more meaning to me.

That's deep

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I always give the nod to another black man. If he doesn't return it I just keep it moving. Usually the brothers that don't return it are 25 and younger. Every 40+ brother either does it first, returns the nod, or says something like "alright."
Yea i got 1 today watching the warriors game. We made contact pause he said
The visual of this scenario got me rolling :laff:
Take this rep
:mjlol:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Here's the muthafuccin' chit I don't like -

when you finna pass the muffucca and you give The Nod first...then he look atchu and don't respond,
then when he like 90% past you he wanna say "Whassup mayne" all late and chit..

I'm like
"muffucca you was supposed to say that 3-5 seconds after my nod whilst in my vision so I can say
"Ain't nothin'", "I can't even call it", or "YOU know"
Just as bad as not responding at all imo.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Damn i just tripped.
:russ:
My younger brother was messing with this Vietnamese chick. He said he went to her spot to kick it. He walked in the living room and lone behold guess who was sitting on the couch. Another mf nia who was messing with her sister.
:mjlol:
He said " I looked at him. He looked at me. I gave him "The Nod". He gave me "The Nod". We both knew what time it was."
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Last edited: