If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
OP is right: It's basically experiencing something like this:

@Dr. Narcisse :salute: :mjlol:

BLy1gEH.gif

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I always give the nod to another black man. If he doesn't return it I just keep it moving. Usually the brothers that don't return it are 25 and younger. Every 40+ brother either does it first, returns the nod, or says something like "alright."

Had an older breh in Salt Lake City give me an "alright now!" when we saw each other at the grocery store. So random :pachaha:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This happeneda bout two weeks back.

I currently live in a white area, I grew up around here for bits-and-peices of my childhood aswell, so I always do a courtesy nikka status check when I see Black folk around just to make sure they don't get kidnapped by the Klan.:smugbiden:
Running into a store, I get out in the parking lot.. A breh and sisteren. Car. Hood is up. The lady is sitting in the passenger seat and breh is leaning on the passenger door.. I go "Ayo bro you aight?":flabbynsick: to the dude.. Not even in a heavy Wu Tang Clan Brooklyn Zoo Voice or anything, just a courtesy nikka inspection, maybe a jump or a ride to the gas station.:ld:

nikka gon :birdman:"Is YOU alright?"..

I'm like "That's all the time, my nikka.. But I'm asking YOU if your car good".. Got some aggression in my voice at this point:demonic:.

Homie just says "nah we good".. I say 'aight' go about my business.

Come back out, white nikka giving them a jump:mindblown:.

:wow: on so many levels.

... The nod exchange just happened to me this morning. Coming out of a predominantly rural white area and homie was landscaping... Somewhere between 25-28...

Nod exchange.

Good to know at least some symbolic solidarity still exits among black men. Even if some think it doesn't transcend symbolism, although it does. :ufdup:

And if Youre left hanging consistently on the nod, you might wanna check your aura.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Had an older breh in Salt Lake City give me an "alright now!" when we saw each other at the grocery store. So random :pachaha:

If you haven't read that article about black players on the Utah Jazz over the years, then you really need to read it.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
And that shyt is infectious too.

I was walking in the mall in predominantly white area. Saw 2-3 brehs and gave them nod and they just looked straight ahead. So I'm like if that's how it gonna be, fine-then :francis:.

So I start just looking straight and not giving a fukk about anyone and the next breh that walked past gave me the nod. But I was so deep in "white person walking past black person in the hallway" mode, I ain't catch him til I got out his range of view.

And that's when I realized I became one. :mjcry:
:jbhmm: You gotta break the circle breh.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf.
:childplease:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted

This happened to me as well. I later saw him walking with 5 other white people :mjlol:

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
This thread pretty much exposes the entitled mentality a lot of people have. People really get mad and create imaginary beef if a stranger doesn't return their attention. People must have great lives if they have time to care and get mad over petty stuff like this.

Daps
Black people say it. :mjpls:

You don't say it? :mjpls:

Listen I ain't no ATL/Memphis nikka we don't say that shyt

YOU DAMN RIGHT. I DAP UP EVERY BLACK MAN I SEE. TAKES ME 30 MINUTES TO GET FROM THE PARKING LOT TO MY DESK.

:mjlol: then yall wanna make threads about CACS cracking down on breaks and lateness

NY'ers generally don't do this but outside of NY I always head nod back. Especially with older Black couples or older men/women I usually say hello because they speak most of the time

A head nod here can mean the wrong thing. Like you affiliated or some shyt.

Not into the staring match shyt with nikkaz.... But the head nod is an unwritten/unspoken rule..... :sas1:

Hate nikkas who stare... I'm like are you gay

OP is right: It's basically experiencing something like this:

@Dr. Narcisse :salute: :mjlol:

BLy1gEH.gif

I gotta watch this today :russ: