If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
This happeneda bout two weeks back.

I currently live in a white area, I grew up around here for bits-and-peices of my childhood aswell, so I always do a courtesy nikka status check when I see Black folk around just to make sure they don't get kidnapped by the Klan.:smugbiden:
Running into a store, I get out in the parking lot.. A breh and sisteren. Car. Hood is up. The lady is sitting in the passenger seat and breh is leaning on the passenger door.. I go "Ayo bro you aight?":flabbynsick: to the dude.. Not even in a heavy Wu Tang Clan Brooklyn Zoo Voice or anything, just a courtesy nikka inspection, maybe a jump or a ride to the gas station.:ld:

nikka gon :birdman:"Is YOU alright?"..

I'm like "That's all the time, my nikka.. But I'm asking YOU if your car good".. Got some aggression in my voice at this point:demonic:.

Homie just says "nah we good".. I say 'aight' go about my business.

Come back out, white nikka giving them a jump:mindblown:.

:francis:

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf.
:childplease:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted
@CoochieWhisperer
Dap + Rep
Just off the strength
:dead:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf.

The visual of this scenario got me rolling :laff:
Take this rep

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted

NY'ers generally don't do this but outside of NY I always head nod back. Especially with older Black couples or older men/women I usually say hello because they speak most of the time

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
No lie, interviewed for a job in Seattle.

As I walked down town I nodded to every Black man I saw.

nikkas gave me the :rudy::mjpls:

I was legit confused like I was in some alternate c00n dimension

:mjlol:

And that shyt is infectious too.

I was walking in the mall in predominantly white area. Saw 2-3 brehs and gave them nod and they just looked straight ahead. So I'm like if that's how it gonna be, fine-then :francis:.

So I start just looking straight and not giving a fukk about anyone and the next breh that walked past gave me the nod. But I was so deep in "white person walking past black person in the hallway" mode, I ain't catch him til I got out his range of view.

And that's when I realized I became one. :mjcry:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Another post, true story, the head nod saved me from being a lick.

I got caught slipping in college and two dusty nikkas caught me walking home late on a dark road. They rode around me on bikes all slow and shyt eyeing me up and down giving me the :demonic:.

Now inside I'm like :lupe: but this the critical moment so I can't bytch up. I give em the :mjpls: with a clean head nod like is you gonna do it or not fam.

Tell me how them nikkas looked me up and down one more time and rode off :whew: