If you are a Black Man and another Black Man gives you "The Nod" in these streets...

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Another post, true story, the head nod saved me from being a lick.

I got caught slipping in college and two dusty nikkas caught me walking home late on a dark road. They rode around me on bikes all slow and shyt eyeing me up and down giving me the :demonic:.

Now inside I'm like :lupe: but this the critical moment so I can't bytch up. I give em the :mjpls: with a clean head nod like is you gonna do it or not fam.

Tell me how them nikkas looked me up and down one more time and rode off :whew:

Is it possible to :mjpls: your way out of gettin jump'd ?

---

Superstar
Daps
The nod is the best cultural language developed on this planet. Nod says so much! Cats don't have to say much just that nod and your good. Nearly always get a nod back! If I don't get a nod back just sum it up as that cat is having a bad day.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
And you don't know what to do YOU ARE A fukkING c00n!
:gucci:

And if another brotha gives you "The Nod" and you look him dead in his face and don't return the gesture?
:dahell:

That is straight disrespect:demonic:

Im in a mainly white area. I see another brotha in the mall. Im with my girl. I give "The Nod" like wassup. Mf Just looked and kept it moving.
I waited for that mf outside the store ready to whoop his ass. My girl had to drag me off. Then he leaves with his white gf.
:childplease:

Has anyone else felt or would feel insulted or maybe im just trippin. I just felt disrescted

"leave with white girlfriend" buddy in the sunken place:pachaha:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
It really depends on the setting.

In college where 90% of the campus was white, running across a black person on your way to class was so rare that when you saw them, even if you didn't know them, you had to give the nod. But the fukk I look like giving a nod to every black person I cross paths with in a city filled with black people? :rudy:

Funny ass thread :mjlol:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Actually I feel that.. it feels wild disrespectful if not reciprocated lol. ESPECIALLY if you happen to be the only two black ppl in the immediate area.

As a matter of fact.. one of the times It happened, the mofo gave me the white people smile :russ:
CgHGea8WEAAXVU6.jpg

THIS. Or they mean mug you in a room full of cacs. Hate my lame ass town

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I live around mostly other black people so I don't get the nod from randoms often. For what's it's worth, older black women will randomly acknowledge me in my work building and say good morning. I just smile back and say it too.

I thought they did that because I'm kinda handsome and not just because there aren't many of us in the building :mjcry:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I usually nod back if I'm paying attention and actually catch it.

For younger dudes around my age I nod up. For older dudes I nod down. But I don't give a fukk if somebody doesn't nod back, you a weirdo ass nikka for catching feelings and wanting to fight over that