If yoire bench pressing over 300 lbs get in here...

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
you don’t need to spend that much time benching...I do maybe 3x5 or 3x10 twice a week in a full body program you don’t need to do a lot of sets or do 10 sets of bench

What are you 19?

Breh I'm a oldhead (you wouldn't know that looking at me)... But I cant do 3x5 twice a week and be benching 300+ in a month :mjlol:

If I was spending a half hour benching two to 3 times a week maybe .. But that's a lot of sets ... fukk all att :camby:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't care to bench press like i use to, but i can put up 300+ on a good day. I can leg press 1000lbs for 5 reps at minimum so, Concentration Curl 100lbs dumbbells (only 1 rep tho :whoa:)

And that was after i went a couple years without hitting weights.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
What are you 19?

Breh I'm a oldhead (you wouldn't know that looking at me)... But I cant do 3x5 twice a week and be benching 300+ in a month :mjlol:

If I was spending a half hour benching two to 3 times a week maybe .. But that's a lot of sets ... fukk all att :camby:
I spit my coffee laughing at this

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:duck:

Lift weights, but people who benchpress over 500 pounds is on some Comic book shyt.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I stopped maxing a long time ago

i was strong when i needed to be, all that shyt does now is hurt my joints

Still strong just would rather be in shape. I don’t go over 225 now (but i rep it like 15 times a set)

ive actually moved on to inclines where i keep the weight low

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't lift super heavy anymore because it does cause damage to your joints when you get older. However, for the purposes of genetics and making sure my gene pool stays strong, I keep training because those traits can encode in your DNA. Strength, much like intelligence and eye color are hereditary. My kids have all been physically strong from birth and benefited from my continued dedication to training. I do a lot of high rep sets now and if I do go heavy for an exercise, its a relatively low impact workout like weighted pull-ups or rows.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
#Benchlife forever.

The feeling of inclining shyt nikkas can't even do flat >>>>

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Never understood what benching had to do with anything unless you're an athlete. And yes I do bench but I do dutch style muay Thai so it's not functional.
You should really just do what you want

benching is still important but not necessary

thats why i was heavy into legs, pullups, boxing, sledgehammers, etc

still need some functional weight

i wear like a large or extra large but im not incredibly huge. No point at this point in lif

i bench but not heavy anymore but still know i can toss a nikka around if i feel