If This Xbox Conference Doesn't Deliver....

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Honestly….. and I ain’t trying to troll or be funny but it feels like there was NO BUZZ for the Sony event. Cuz I legit didn’t think they had it yet.

I was over here ready to check it out after this and to my surprised, cats told me I missed it

So I can also see maybe from disappointment on that end, dudes take the “crab in a barrel” approach and try to bring this event down :mjlol:

You're delusional. Sony's SOP will have more views and hype than whatever this nonsense MS showed. Not even going to compare this to an actual PS Showcase.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
iu

The conference was average at best.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
They limited themselves to 12 months. At first, I was like, ok that's a bummer but what it does is give those other games some anonymity to get up to par to get everything ready while focusing on what is imminent.

I got what I wanted out of today. First party for me delivered for what I wanted.

First Party
Forza Motorsport: Gorgeous, genre leading as they have been for quite some time.
Starfield: The most ambitious game I can recall. I think that they will nail most of it. It likely won't be the perfect game but the sum of its parts will make damn near every game pale in comparison.
Redfall: I'm an Arkane fan and this looks like a way more fun Back 4 Blood.
Grounded: Not my thing, looks good though.
Pentiment: Intriguing. If not for anything else, I appreciated the diversity here.
Ara: History Untold: I'm a Civilization whore so this is right up my alley. I can't wait to see more.
Minecraft Legends: Truth be told, might be something there. I'll keep an open mind.
Elder Scrolls Online & Fallout 76: Don't rock with MMOs

Soon to be First Party
Diablo 4: Looks amazing.
Overwatch 2: My days of competitive play on XBL are long over.

Highlights for me from Third Party today:
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
RavenLok
Ereban: Shadow Legacy
The Last Case of Benedict Fox
High on Life

I have a wide palette for games. I don't play all genres but I do play most.

I don't worry about the stuff like Fable, Hellblade and the others. We will (hopefully) get that stuff next year. All in all, I'm satisfied with today.

KRayner

All Star
Daps
Ark 2 is 3rd person only and is doing souls like combat…. :patrice:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Is this the only thread we have to talk about the Xbox showcase?

Overall the show was mid. But before I continue, I want to be clear that I am not just singling out Xbox, this years ‘E3 season’ has been weak all around due to the following.

-Gamers and media have been demanding more gameplay to be shown (rightfully so)

-Devs only want to show gameplay when the game is in a marketable/showable state (rightfully so) since these same gamers and media are unforgiving about poor showings

-Generally speaking, people only care about AAA game announcements and showings, not the 100s of indie titles being made in Unreal Engine or Unity which are very much hit or miss (mostly misses)

-Game development is more complex than ever so those AAA titles take 5-7 years to develop

With that out of the way, its still obvious that this was a giant ad for gamepass. It wasn’t specifically about selling Xbox consoles to you, it was about making sure people still keep their GP subs. This show was about quantity over quality.

Redfall - Looked very much like Back 4 Blood. We will see if they can stick the landing when it comes out, but we shouldn’t just assume it will be good since they haven’t made a game like this before. They don’t have a track record. They didn’t even show a HUD…what are they hiding?

High on Life - The game by the Rick and Morty guys. Let me be clear. I haven’t even watched 5 mins of a Rick and Morty show but this game looks interesting. Guns and weapons that talk to you in a first person shooter? That is very interesting and it’s something not seen often so im intrigued.

Starfield - I put my thoughts on it in a different thread. Its in line with what I expected, i will be there day 1.

Forza Motorsport - There are too many other good racers out right now, or coming out this year for anyone to be hyped about this game that comes out Spring 2023 or later next year.

Coc00n - Much like the High on Life game, this game looks interesting plus the creators behind it have proven themselves in the past.

Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 - Big yawn from me. Blizzard has been a mess for years. They have to earn their trust back with some of their core fans like myself. Both of these games need to release and have good word of mouth before I get hyped.

Hideo Kojima - This entire segment could’ve been a tweet.

Pentiment - Some of the Xbox bloggers were hyping this game up. So to actually see it as a cartoon narrative game was hilarious. This isn’t a game I would play on a console/PC. I wish it was a mobile/tablet game.

Im sitting here struggling to remember what else was shown. It was so much…too much…but that’s because it was an ad for Game Pass so quantity was important.

Even considering what I said above. It was still disappointing not to see any of these:

Perfect Dark (announced 2 years ago)
Fable (announced 2 years ago)
Contraband (announced 1 year ago)
Rumored IO interactive games
State of Decay (announced 2 years ago)

Hopefully next year’s E3 will be better.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pentiment - Some of the Xbox bloggers were hyping this game up. So to actually see it as a cartoon narrative game was hilarious. This isn’t a game I would play on a console/PC. I wish it was a mobile/tablet game.

The continual comparisons to Disco Elysium is probably what threw everyone off. I think we were all expecting an isometric style mystery crpg. I think the game looks interesting but the style of it deflated a lot of hype

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Is this the only thread we have to talk about the Xbox showcase?

Overall the show was mid. But before I continue, I want to be clear that I am not just singling out Xbox, this years ‘E3 season’ has been weak all around due to the following.

-Gamers and media have been demanding more gameplay to be shown (rightfully so)

-Devs only want to show gameplay when the game is in a marketable/showable state (rightfully so) since these same gamers and media are unforgiving about poor showings

-Generally speaking, people only care about AAA game announcements and showings, not the 100s of indie titles being made in Unreal Engine or Unity which are very much hit or miss (mostly misses)

-Game development is more complex than ever so those AAA titles take 5-7 years to develop

With that out of the way, its still obvious that this was a giant ad for gamepass. It wasn’t specifically about selling Xbox consoles to you, it was about making sure people still keep their GP subs. This show was about quantity over quality.

Redfall - Looked very much like Back 4 Blood. We will see if they can stick the landing when it comes out, but we shouldn’t just assume it will be good since they haven’t made a game like this before. They don’t have a track record. They didn’t even show a HUD…what are they hiding?

High on Life - The game by the Rick and Morty guys. Let me be clear. I haven’t even watched 5 mins of a Rick and Morty show but this game looks interesting. Guns and weapons that talk to you in a first person shooter? That is very interesting and it’s something not seen often so im intrigued.

Starfield - I put my thoughts on it in a different thread. Its in line with what I expected, i will be there day 1.

Forza Motorsport - There are too many other good racers out right now, or coming out this year for anyone to be hyped about this game that comes out Spring 2023 or later next year.

Coc00n - Much like the High on Life game, this game looks interesting plus the creators behind it have proven themselves in the past.

Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 - Big yawn from me. Blizzard has been a mess for years. They have to earn their trust back with some of their core fans like myself. Both of these games need to release and have good word of mouth before I get hyped.

Hideo Kojima - This entire segment could’ve been a tweet.

Im sitting here struggling to remember what else was shown. It was so much…too much…but that’s because it was an ad for Game Pass so quantity was important.

Even considering what I said above. It was still disappointing not to see any of these:

Perfect Dark (announced 2 years ago)
Fable (announced 2 years ago)
Contraband (announced 1 year ago)
Rumored IO interactive games
State of Decay (announced 2 years ago)

Hopefully next year’s E3 will be better.

I think part of the thing for us, the people who have 20+ years behind this stuff is that we aren't as elastic and accepting of the continuous paradigm movement of gaming, as we know it. Not quite old people yelling to get off my lawn yet though.

The essence of E3 is ultimately to talk to shareholders and retail partners, to convey strength in their offerings. Yes, we as gamers can get thrown our usual bones like car games, shooters and such but take the announcement of the partnership with Riot for example. Both League of Legends and Valorant are pulling in billions annually. Never even installed them, never mind playing them. The data, the analytics is saying this is where the money is so the focus is there. So, a lot of what we might deem to be filler in a presentation now, serves a purpose for someone because gaming is so mainstream now. It's simply impossible to like everything because there is just so much out there. My seven year old will play 2k and madden then hop on his tablet and play idle games. Like I said, there is just so much. Our industry has changed.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ehh:haven't peeped any of this yet

Lets see if they gave me a reason to cop a series X