If this doesn’t prove that them people planted Drake into the music industry…

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
You think he had a trey songs feature when trey was hot as fish grease, and a video budget and video placement on BET on his own?

He’s been in the entertainment industry since a child, you really don’t think them people wasn’t behind that?
Dawg I’m not as invested frfr and at this point who cares. But he was prolly fake independent with label backing like a lot of these nikkas.

Is that a plant? :manny:

Who discovered drake?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed Drake is the first person who does R&B and haters for some reason only forget when it's Drake that most R&B acts have ghostwriters. You never EVER hear anyone bring ghostwriters up when it's Michael Jackson. Go figure.
He does not make R&B just because he does that shytty software pitch corrected “signing”.

Nobody gives a F who’s writing his hooks. The issue is they put him in marketing campaigns with Rakim and like and tried to push him as an MC’s MC which backfired.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I noticed Drake is the first person who does R&B and haters for some reason only forget when it's Drake that most R&B acts have ghostwriters. You never EVER hear anyone bring ghostwriters up when it's Michael Jackson. Go figure.
You never heard Michael Jackson talk about how great his pen game is like Drake does. You can't be out here talking and rapping about how good of a writer you are and every other week a reference track or ghostwriter pops up for you. shyt's colonizer type corny.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dawg I’m not as invested frfr and at this point who cares. But he was prolly fake independent with label backing like a lot of these nikkas.

Is that a plant? :manny:

Who discovered drake?
He wasn’t “discovered” he was already in the entertainment industry and was selected. He was placed in lil Wayne’s hands the same way Eminem was placed in Dr Dre’s hands no matter what story they want to tell.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Those hit you speak of don’t exist without the production, writing, marketing and staging him like he worked his way through the ranks, all of which was done by the machine.

Same thing can be said about Beyonce and Rihanna. Pretty much all mega stars have a machine.

He represents the most blatant infiltration of our Art form that ever existed
Lets look at the math:
White infiltration in Hip Hop really started in 1984 when Rick Ruben created Def Jam and started producing some of the 80's biggest Hip Hop hits.

1984 - 1973 = 11 years
2024 - 1984 =40 years
White infiltration has been a part of Hip Hop for 40 years which is 4X more then when it hasn't been.

With that said...I dont co sign you implying that Drake isn't Black. White folks created the concept of race and Drake would have been at the back of the bus with you and I if this were the 1940's.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Drake grinded underground for a couple years while he was still filming Degrassi if memory serves me correctly. Being in the industry probably helped cause I'm sure he made valuable connections that helped him link up with the ppl who helped make him a star along the way. He did spend summers in Memphis with his dad as a youth.

As an example, Kobe got on the radio on a Brian McKnight song when Brian was in his prime and if he wasn't Kobe and already in the industry in some way, he never gets on that track.
He’s a white jew. :comeon:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And Drake does R&B. Most R&B singers have ghostwriters. End of story.

That hard undebatable truth stings huh?

:umad:
Doesn't excuse anything when he steps into the rap arena. You put out a rap album you're a rapper. You call yourself a rapper you're a rapper. :umad:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
But he did label himself the "king of pop." Meanwhile Prince was writing songs and doing the music. So the same rule applies.
No it don't. Because he called himself the king of pop. Not the king of writing. Oh and did anybody ever drop a video of some other artist moonwalking like Mike before he did it? Did anybody ever drop a song that sounded so much like Billy Jean, that came out before Billy Jean, that it was obvious Mike sharked the whole idea and song from that artist? Nope.

Can you say the same thing about Drake? Nope.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
At the end of the day Drake dominated the 2010's and his domination still continues in the 2020's He provided the streets and the pop stations with hit after hit. That fact is etched in stone. He obviously came in the game connected but he isn't the first to do that. At the end of the day, however he came in the game, They did his job by providing the countless hit songs, including the song posted in the OP.
Fixed :mjpls: