If They Are Going to Gentrify Atlanta... We Should Get Violent

Crude

Superstar
Daps
If you want to stop gentrification then own your own shyt.

You can't say you're against gentrification on one hand and then be paying rent to a White man for a place to live on another hand.

A lot of the hoods around my way are mostly owned by White men that rent to low income Black folks.

I understand some people might not have the credit, gross income, or stability to be able to own their own house and property, but a lack of ownership is the root of this problem.

When the White man owns your shyt you are at the will of his vision for that property. If he tells you to leave then you got to leave (as long as he gives you proper notice), he decides he wants to move you and your neighbors out and put a strip mall where an apartment complex use to be then he can do that, if he wants to bulldoze his property clear and sell it off by the lot then he can do that too.

Own your own shyt especially land, houses, and buildings.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
there's black gentrification in NYC, DC and Chicago. DOn't know about other cities
Denver is the fastest gentrified city In the country. Entire north side got blacks out the paint ASAP. Nashville can't be far behind

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The coli in 2021 still doesn’t know what gentrification is and still doesn’t know how to fight it the right way.

Also gentrification of black areas in my opinion is the fault of middle class Black people.

A lot of you are going to look at me as a dummy but black middle class people play a huge role in why black areas get gentrified.

This rhetoric that “blacks don’t do anything in these areas” is silly the black middle class failed to protect these areas and sold out for money. Also the young professionals who are black aren’t really helping because gentrification is a classist product so if you’re a black lawyer moving into a Poor black neighborhood you are actually making gentrification move faster contrary to popular belief.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
People say the way solve gentrification is to own your homes but what’s the point if all the black homeowners end up selling their property to greedy developers. Did you own your home to protect the neighborhood? Or did you own your home to make a profit and sell out?

If I’m a fighter for gentrification there is no amount of money they can offer me to leave my property. The only way I’m leaving is through government domain.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Its already too late. White people are buying up property all over Atlanta and the surrounding metro area. Atlanta is going to be to WASPs he what Boca Raton is for Jewish people.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There needs to be a complete clarification of what "gentrification" is, what urban migration is, and how populations work - because there's a massive misunderstanding.

Atlanta isn't be gentrified so much as it is suffering from the shift in migration that most of the country that suburbanized in the 60s-80s is now facing.

Atlanta is as Black today as it was in the 70s, but the middle-class aspiring Blacks moved to the suburbs with the whites back then and completely lost home valuations.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I've said it once and I'll keep saying it.

This is why you OWN..
Wether its property for housing or business it is CRUCIAL that you own as much you can because if your a renter someone can always create ways to move you out the paint.

Owning and selling your property away is still supporting gentrification and black home owners often do this and they never get called out for it.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta could lose half its black businesses and still be shytting on a lot of yall cities/states.:sas2:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People say the way solve gentrification is to own your homes but what’s the point if all the black homeowners end up selling their property to greedy developers. Did you own your home to protect the neighborhood? Or did you own your home to make a profit and sell out?

If I’m a fighter for gentrification there is no amount of money they can offer me to leave my property. The only way I’m leaving is through government domain.
:salute:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Owning and selling your property away is still supporting gentrification and black home owners often do this and they never get called out for it.
whats a solution to this

i know some one who sold a row house in DC for over 2 Million; cash offer. what do you say to a black family who has the chance the cash out like that?