If They Are Going to Gentrify Atlanta... We Should Get Violent

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paul Mooney is kind of a controversial figure but he had a point on some jokes.

He said something like "when it was slavery we was INSIDE the house. Now we free and they don't want us on the same block"

Just something I think about when I see these gentrification stories. The hypocrisy of it all...

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get involved in real estate investing or stfu. Cant really complain about gentrification if you don't own shyt. The market determines prices. The ATL market is on fire right now. Great time to be a owner and selling real estate right now. Also this article is about 10 years too late. Atlanta has been gentrified like a muffukka. All those old hoods you hear people rap about or no longer the hood. There's 300k renovated houses in the bluff now.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
GET MONEY

Thats the only way black folks are going to fix shyt long term

Get money, get racial awareness and learn to invest in ourselves

james green

Rookie
Daps
I thought Atlanta was the black Mecca though:ohhh:
It is. You just don't know what black Mecca means and you are black

A black mecca, in the United States, is a city to which African Americans, particularly singles, professionals, and middle-class families,[1] are drawn to live, due to some or all of the following factors:

• superior economic opportunities for blacks, often as assessed by the presence of a large black upper-middle and upper class
  • black businesses and political power in a city
  • leading black educational institutions in a city
  • a city's leading role in black history, arts, music, food, and other cultures
  • harmonious black-white race relations in a city

Atlanta its number one in all these catergories

Last edited:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
It's not the easy to just buy property outright, but realistically i don't see any other solution. You can't get fixed rate rent. but you can get a fixed rate mortgage.

I didn't know he was doing this
Hasn't happen yet because covid and transgender are his current legislative priorities but it was on his agenda, so people should get all their ducks in a row so they don't have to scramble or miss out once it is approved. He's proposing 15k AT CLOSING, you wouldn't have to wait to claim it on taxes, and it can be use to cover the down payment!