If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

• Yes it definitely should!!

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No!! 2D is a thing of the past

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of all of the problems that SF5 had, aesthetics is the LEAST important. Sf5 looks fine. The rootkit fiasco, lack of content at launch, dumbed down gameplay and shytty netcode was what gave SF5 a bad name...and its still the premiere title at EVO

KOF 14 looks terrible, like straight ps2 status, the new samurai showdown game however, I think kinda restores my faith in SNK being able to go 3d. at this point they have no choice, 2d sprites are expensive to make and kof13, while a great game, almost bankrupted the company. So unless SNK gets a ton of backing from someone they'll have to stick to 3d

MK11 looks great but it's still an NRS game, which makes me think that the game'll be lit for a few months, and then die when the next injustice comes out. NRS games have the shelf life of milk

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
KOF XIV is actually really good with a ton of characters. As for the OP he must not have played Ultra SF4 because that game is amazing, Capcom fukked up when they thought using the Dead or Alive DLC format would be successful.

I agree, but no one played the game because of it's graphics and it's graphics only. The FGC ignored the game.

I wanna ask u something...Do u think SF5 is better than the Alpha games or 3rd Strike???:jbhmm:

You need to stop throwing in the Alpha games when you talk about good SF games, those games are trash. CvS improved on that formula and was the better series.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Capcom needs to come through with the same TLC that they put into MH, DMC5 and RE2 and 7 with Street fighter.

Going hand drawn high res 2D would be the unique pop they need. Plus everyone remembers. SF as a 2d thing.

The focus needs to be it being huge with attention to details and story/single player content.

The problem is you can't really sell out fits and mods for that.

Anyway it would be a huge risk, but the industry is lacking a beautiful hand drawn 2d title. The way social media works it would get a ton of attention of being 2d alone.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's a 2.5D sprite?
Nah Capcom needs to stand among other fighters right now.

Arksys has 2.5d on lock and for as good as it, it's stoll doesn't have that hand drawn look or flare.

A 2d street fighter
A 2d mega Man x
A 2d viewtiful joe

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
There's absolutely no way Capcom goes back to animated sprites unless it's on someone else's dime

The challenge Capcom faces right now is that they're trying to appease the competitive/e-sports community, lapsed players, and newcomers all at once. All while trying to subsidize it's high development cost with routine DLC.

There's no way they can please all those types at once without a little backlash. Changing the presentation only pleases those who had an affinity for it in the past.

Last edited: