If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

• Yes it definitely should!!

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No!! 2D is a thing of the past

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
2D or bust

SFIII is still the best SF ever twenty years later

893.gif
latest

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Well MK has this shyt all sewn up so either they go back to 2D (or more likely 2.5D) or get ready to admit defeat

Street Fighter is stale as fukk now

MK doesnt have it sewn up, no one plays MK after the first year it comes out because the engine doesnt hold up. It just appeals more to casual players and sells well because they have more singleplayer content.

SF games last years after release and they got tournaments that keep it rolling and rolling. Its really not as cut and dry as you're making it seem.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I never got into street fighter :ld:
I had the game and only liked it for the sounds and soundtrack :ld:

MK was just to appealing :whew:
The characters, the movies toys , trading cards , cartoons , live tours , multiple arcade games
People forget MK was literally everywhere :noah: I was a kid at the time so I knew it was a huge deal seeing it everywhere :noah:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I never got into street fighter :ld:
I had the game and only liked it for the sounds and soundtrack :ld:

MK was just to appealing :whew:
The characters, the movies toys , trading cards , cartoons , live tours , multiple arcade games
People forget MK was literally everywhere :noah: I was a kid at the time so I knew it was a huge deal seeing it everywhere :noah:
Like I said if SF wants to survive they gonna have to make a drastic change. They are failing HARD right now

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean let's face it Street Fighter has fallen off like Steve Francis did:francis: Mortal Kombat has gone waaaaaay beyond street fighter to the point its laughable:mjlol:

Look at how much more Aesthetically pleasing SkullGirls looks compared to SF5. Reminds me of Pocket Fighter back in the day:wow:

They making a new MK already, shyt is Call of Duty status, People still playing Street Fighter nobody playing Mortal Kombat X or Injustice 2 which came out after Street Fighter, which is why they have to make a new mortal kombat

Warner Bros giving them huge budgets to make them garbage ass games because 90 percent of the people buy it for story mode and don't play it again after they beat it

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I mean let's face it Street Fighter has fallen off like Steve Francis did:francis: Mortal Kombat has gone waaaaaay beyond street fighter to the point its laughable:mjlol:

Look at how much more Aesthetically pleasing SkullGirls looks compared to SF5. Reminds me of Pocket Fighter back in the day:wow:

Shuuuuut the fukk up with this.:stopitslime:

You probably haven’t played a Street Fighter since New Generation. Mortal Kombat is so godlike but, they’re moving to a more neutral based gameplay, focus on variations, and is constantly at dropped EVO.

You don’t SFV aesthetics fine, SFIV was a boring hideous game with OS galore.

You better be ready to pay outta the ass for those 2D sprites, and using Skullgirls as the example? Where is that game now did you buy and support it prolly not:francis:, and now Mike Z is on twitter bashing other games to get Skullgirls attention.

To everybody saying Capcom was greedy with SFV, Ono is on record saying SFV was released a year earlier than intended. This is only due to the fact Sony funded this game and wanted it out earlier to capture the FGC market which it did. Previous gen Microsoft was the console of choice for tourneys.