If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

If the Street Fighter series wants to survive should it go back to 2D???

• Yes it definitely should!!

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No!! 2D is a thing of the past

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Shuuuuut the fukk up with this.:stopitslime:

You probably haven’t played a Street Fighter since New Generation. Mortal Kombat is so godlike but, they’re moving to a more neutral based gameplay, focus on variations, and is constantly at dropped EVO.

You don’t SFV aesthetics fine, SFIV was a boring hideous game with OS galore.

You better be ready to pay outta the ass for those 2D sprites, and using Skullgirls as the example? Where is that game now did you buy and support it prolly not:francis:, and now Mike Z is on twitter bashing other games to get Skullgirls attention.

To everybody saying Capcom was greedy with SFV, Ono is on record saying SFV was released a year earlier than intended. This is only due to the fact Sony funded this game and wanted it out earlier to capture the FGC market which it did. Previous gen Microsoft was the console of choice for tourneys.
nikka u mad:umad:

I have SF5 and played it for like a lil while b4 I realized it was mediocre:russ:

Like I said SF Alpha and SF3 are much better. Stay mad lol

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
nikka u mad:umad:

I have SF5 and played it for like a lil while b4 I realized it was mediocre:russ:

Like I said SF Alpha and SF3 are much better. Stay mad lol

SFV is the 2nd game I copped after I got this pS4. (transistor being the 1st, 6/5 stars)

I didn't play that shyt past the ryu/ken training. If even that. Prolly played in practice.

There's no.... flow. That's the best way I can explain it.

It's like the better these games look, the less flow they have.

Maybe we've all been spoiled by the light/medium/heavy(launcher) combo system. But even then..... I'd rather play Bloody Roar 2 or Star Gladiator before I play SFV

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
SFV is the 2nd game I copped after I got this pS4. (transistor being the 1st, 6/5 stars)

I didn't play that shyt past the ryu/ken training. If even that. Prolly played in practice.

Maybe we've all been spoiled by the light/medium/heavy(launcher) combo system. But even then..... I'd rather play Bloody Roar 2 or Star Gladiator before I play SFV
BYL8KuLIAAAvKrX.jpg
:salute:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean let's face it Street Fighter has fallen off like Steve Francis did:francis: Mortal Kombat has gone waaaaaay beyond street fighter to the point its laughable:mjlol:

Look at how much more Aesthetically pleasing SkullGirls looks compared to SF5. Reminds me of Pocket Fighter back in the day:wow:

:heh: watching this vid (and thinking on the thread) made me realize SkullGirls is what you'd imagine Darkstalkers 4 to be.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Explain why:jbhmm:

And they don't exactly have to do sprites, they can do 2.5D like Fighterz
The current games are already 2.5d.
I dont think its a good idea seeing as they have invested pretty heavily in their current toolset. Going back to sprites will only really affect the look, and not the actual gameplay. Heavy endeavor for low return IMO

Like I said b4, stale as fukk. That's why the poll agrees with us :pachaha:

The poll is full of folks that dont actually play fighting games...

I was trying to figure out what you meant by SFV not having flow (which it certainly does, reason I love the game) then I saw the bolded. That explains it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was trying to figure out what you meant by SFV not having flow (which it certainly does, reason I love the game) then I saw the bolded. That explains it.

I don't knock folks who like it. But there's a huge divide in terms of what's expected as far as "depth" goes.. Very Virtua Fighter 4ish.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Street Fighter 4 was one of the most successful fighting games of all time and it was 3D. 3D has nothing to do with it, Street Fighter 5 failed because Capcom got greedy, and it was incomplete at launch.

Now what should go back to 2D is King of Fighters, they flopped when they went 3D.
KOF XIV is actually really good with a ton of characters. As for the OP he must not have played Ultra SF4 because that game is amazing, Capcom fukked up when they thought using the Dead or Alive DLC format would be successful.

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
I mean let's face it Street Fighter has fallen off like Steve Francis did:francis: Mortal Kombat has gone waaaaaay beyond street fighter to the point its laughable:mjlol:

Look at how much more Aesthetically pleasing SkullGirls looks compared to SF5. Reminds me of Pocket Fighter back in the day:wow:

Well MK has this shyt all sewn up so either they go back to 2D (or more likely 2.5D) or get ready to admit defeat

Street Fighter is stale as fukk now
Y'all tripping hard. Nobody will play MK after a few months