If the Earth is FLAT @xCivicx and @SPACEISFAKE how does Elon's Satellite Internet Starlink Work? [Serious Question]

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
High altitude balloons imo

I personally still haven't heard a valid explanation for why GPS will drop in a lot of rural areas. I guess the satellites orbit over everything except the sticks?

You need a clear line of sight to 4 out of the 24 GPS satellites in order for it to work. The 4 work together to determine your location

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
elon-musk-smoke.gif

true :ehh:

but

170mb per second :damn:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Ignorance.

1. High altitude balloons reach 120,000 ft in the sky.

2. If we took your ridiculous assertion that it is HABs, in order to cover the fukking EARTH with realtime GPS, Internet and all other services we currently use satellites for, you would need THOUSANDS of those balloons just for America alone (and then you'd need a way to explain how those balloons provide internet and satellite TV. Where does that signal even come from???)

Taking both those points into account, any amateur astronomer would be able to SEE THOSE BALLOONS with a basic telescope on a clear day, you goddamn moron. No one has ever seen this intricate network of high altitude balloons, and you're just making shyt up because you don't know how stupid what you're suggesting really is.

A balloon cannot provide real-time traffic updates, which is what I get from my phone's GPS. Again, you would need an incredible amount of balloons for that, because they cannot see all the highways in the United States from a single, or even a handful of balloons

I personally still haven't heard a valid explanation for why GPS will drop in a lot of rural areas. I guess the satellites orbit over everything except the sticks?

This is because you don't actually LISTEN to people that explain this to you.

The GPS drops you're referring to are from PHONES, and a phone's connection is provided by a cell tower. Those cell towers communicate with satellites, but if the phone can't get a cell tower signal, you don't get the GPS signal.

A real handheld GPS is an entirely different beast. These are in direct communication with satellites. When do THOSE drop signals?

ACTIVE-WEATHER-Montana700_OF_1001-9427f5bf-ed3f-41d9-9a61-6820a3a84cca.jpg

:martin:

Your ignorance is easily refuted, but since you're dishonest, you won't address when you've been proven wrong, and you just move on to other Flerf talking points.

Address the smoke, nikka.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

GPS has to connect to multiple different satellites to get an accurate reading on your location. If you have a bad connection to one of the satellites your GPS won't be accurate.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
GPS has to connect to multiple different satellites to get an accurate reading on your location. If you have a bad connection to one of the satellites your GPS won't be accurate.
No explanation you give will be sufficient and he will continue asking disingenuous questions. Stop enabling him to peddle bullshyt. Ask him to provide a model of his flying space pizza that can explain just 2 objectively observable phenomena, simultaneously, and watch him implode.

For instance: day/night cycle and lunar eclipses, or, seasons and the Coriolis effect.

ANY explanation he offers for one will invalidate the other.​

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No explanation you give will be sufficient and he will continue asking disingenuous questions. Stop enabling him to peddle bullshyt. Ask him to provide a model of his flying space pizza that can explain just 2 objectively observable phenomena, simultaneously, and watch him implode.

For instance: day/night cycle and lunar eclipses, or, seasons and the Coriolis effect.

ANY explanation he offers for one will invalidate the other.​

THIS.

All this nikka does is juelz. You pin him down on one thing, he pretends he didn't see it.

You engage his dumb talking points, he moves on to the next one.

You ask him to provide clarification for his points, he says "I don't know" or "in my opinion"

You ask him to provide a model, he says there isn't one, even RIGHT AFTER POSTING A MODEL.

This is this nikka's anthem: