if seinfield ain't the greatest tv comedy sitcom of all time then what is?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
i assume the simpsons is not considered a sit com?

Simpsons is easily the GOAT comedy show period.

Of course not counting the :flabbynsick: Simpsons of today. Still don't understand why they didn't end the show at least 5 years ago. They have the syndication deals, they made a movie, got some more video games out of the show, have the merchandise still selling, etc.

There's nothing more that they can do with the show.

Fart Knocker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly->NYC->Philly
Simpsons is easily the GOAT comedy show period.

Of course not counting the :flabbynsick: Simpsons of today. Still don't understand why they didn't end the show at least 5 years ago. They have the syndication deals, they made a movie, got some more video games out of the show, have the merchandise still selling, etc.

There's nothing more that they can do with the show.
dapped and +repped

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
i got sick of Seinfeld somewhere in the early 2000s. maybe it was because they played the same fukking episodes endlessly and i got over it. i'm not sure if Fawlty Towers is a "sitcom" but it's fukk load better than Seinfeld

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I know sitcoms are played for comedy but if you think about Seinfeld is pretty tragic. 4 adults all in the middle of their lives and none of them see beauty in anything. All they do is observe the world from afar and complain. God knows how much time these people have wasted mulling around in both the coffee shop and Jerry's apartment about complete bullshyt.

Those 4 are all toxic to each other. Every time one of them tries to explore something new you can count one of the other 3 bringing them back down to their level. That final image that closed out the show of them sitting together in a cage is a perfect metaphor for their lives.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dog, you'll never have a group of black people congregated that won't mention Cosby, Fresh Prince and Martin when discussing the best sitcoms of all time.

Be real here.
Real shyt.

You can't discuss GOAT sitcoms without mentioning Martin at the very least. shyt just doesn't happen :manny:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Married With Children and Martin for me. Different kinda comedy, but shyt was must see tv every week.....
.... Married...with Children is in contention.
Married With Children.
....Married... With Children for the fukkery.....
.....Married With Children....
Married with children.......

936-3eb716d01c935790d73e322a7f61cc69.jpg
this show right here.....