if seinfield ain't the greatest tv comedy sitcom of all time then what is?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I love Seinfeld but for me it's Arrested development with Seinfeld being a very close 2nd. It's a tough call. Watching reruns of Seinfeld everyday continues to enforce how dope the show is even seasons 1&2. But then again.....I'm going with the Simpsons (see how I just talked myself into that) yeah it's been on longer than both and a lot of the latter seasons have been meh but for 10 years it was nothing but greatness and influenced so much including arrested development. It may be animated but it's a sitcom and I feel it's the greatest. The Simpsons :banderas:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lots of CaCs on here.

Cosby, Fresh Prince and Martin not even mentioned, SMH

Breh you don't gotta be white to enjoy Seinfeld or not mention the shows you mentioned. Cosby show is on my list of the greatest probably number 3 on my list because it is consistently funny for every season and perfect. And it's easier to relate to than Seinfeld not because it's about black people but because it's about well adjusted people lol. The main characters on Seinfeld are all selfish sociopaths. Martin is dope but that last season of it holds if back for me because it's so bad and you can see the wheels coming off

Daps
Breh you don't gotta be white to enjoy Seinfeld or not mention the shows you mentioned. Cosby show is on my list of the greatest probably number 3 on my list because it is consistently funny for every season and perfect. And it's easier to relate to than Seinfeld not because it's about black people but because it's about well adjusted people lol. The main characters on Seinfeld are all selfish sociopaths. Martin is dope but that last season of it holds if back for me because it's so bad and you can see the wheels coming off

Yes you do.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes you do.

Meh I disagree. I'm black but Martin or fresh prince doesn't enter my mind when I think of the absolute greatest sitcom. They're on the list definitely but not number one. And it comes from having a context and understanding the history of tv. We give a lot of props to recent stuff but there is a lot of stuff from the 50s and 60s and 70s that are dope too if not doper than the stuff we constantly talk about.

Not every black person has the same taste just like not ever white person has the same taste

cook

Banned
Daps
i hated seinfeld as a kid but as ive gotten older its gotten better. i'd take curb over it any day of the week tho

Daps
Meh I disagree. I'm black but Martin or fresh prince doesn't enter my mind when I think of the absolute greatest sitcom. They're on the list definitely but not number one. And it comes from having a context and understanding the history of tv. We give a lot of props to recent stuff but there is a lot of stuff from the 50s and 60s and 70s that are dope too if not doper than the stuff we constantly talk about.

Not every black person has the same taste just like not ever white person has the same taste

Dog, you'll never have a group of black people congregated that won't mention Cosby, Fresh Prince and Martin when discussing the best sitcoms of all time.

Be real here.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dog, you'll never have a group of black people congregated that won't mention Cosby, Fresh Prince and Martin when discussing the best sitcoms of all time.

Be real here.

Did I say there wouldn't be? I said for ME when I'm talking about number one, they aren't number one for me and I've been around black people who agree that neither one of them are number one. Doesn't mean they aren't on the list of greatest of all time and doesn't mean that they aren't even on the top 10 list, just means for me and black people I've dealt with, not all of us follow the same logic and way of thinking. Life isn't that simple breh where all of us are just going to herd together and follow the same logic because of the color of our skin. Everyone has different taste. I've had discussions with black people who prefer living single to any show we've mentioned and to them, that is the greatest sitcom ever. I know black people who discredit Cosby because to them it's not "real" and I know black people who feel like A Different World shyts on everything ever created. And of course I know black people who feel like Seinfeld or Arrested Development is the greatest ever or even Curb

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i hated seinfeld as a kid but as ive gotten older its gotten better. i'd take curb over it any day of the week tho

My homie feels the same way. He never got into Seinfeld but he loves Curb and would easily watch it any day of the week over Seinfeld

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I couldnt fully get into Seinfield.

King of Queens tho is cool.