If Jennifer Lawrence Can't Open a Movie, Who Can?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
She picks bad movies, and she isn't that great of an actress. Not hard to see
she can't really read all that well, so she prolly needs to hire a better agent to tell her which roles are good and which movies are worthwhile.
I'm 100% convinced she currently makes her decisions based on how the studio sells it to her.
She dropped out of school in like 3rd grade people tend to forget. If she was black like may weather people would constantly be reminded of her near illiteracy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hollywood stars are kinda on life support. People more care about what franchises are reigning supreme than anything else. Yeah I'm talking to you Marvel > DC people. You're a part of the problem. :childplease:

Problem with Rock is he makes almost too many movies. They all start to mesh together where he's wearing almost wearing the exact same UA tanktop in every flick.
Please explain why it is a problem? :stopitslime:
Seems we are supporting the team of actors, directors, writers, cinematographers, producers and FX and fighting choreographer teams over one single wanna be privledged actor.
We are part of the solution if you ask me. :mjgrin: Making shytty movies that just have star power ain't cutting it anymore. :umad:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Homie you’re saying 286 worldwide is a good number? Or 134? Or 162? Those are awful numbers. And I even said that the mummy and edge were saved by their overseas numbers. Tom is still the man abroad so his movies will and still can kick ass over there. But in the US everyone you mentioned minus the first jack reacher tanked. American made only made 54 million domestically in America.
I’m saying if you track his other movies, they are similar numbers. So we saying he fell off right?

How the hell he fall off when the 100-250 was his same range all his career. Besides MI, tom never been that guy doing will smith numbers. He’s good for 100-300 90 percent of the time

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
When has she ever been a box office draw?:heh:
Exactly!! And this is the problem. Dudes take one franchise that already is insanely popular... hunger games, mission impossible, superhero movies.... Then take that huge summer blockbuster and apply it to the other 50 movies.

Hunger games opened up JLaw. Nobody was going there to see her. And soon as it was over, you get the real box office.

She was never a superstar. She was a franchise star. Put any woman in that role and they do the same numbers.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m saying if you track his other movies, they are similar numbers. So we saying he fell off right?

How the hell he fall off when the 100-250 was his same range all his career. Besides MI, tom never been that guy doing will smith numbers. He’s good for 100-300 90 percent of the time

And I’m saying those numbers, some of them, are great for the 80s or 90s. Now? Not so much. Those same numbers 20 years ago would be great which is why he was always a draw

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

But now you're not taking inflation into account.

100 million in 1988 is not the same as 100 million in 2018.

Adjusted for inflation, Tom has more films that did $300 million+ domestically than Will. And he eve turned a romantic comedy and two legal dramas into blockbuster hits.

Will just had two gigantic hits (Independence Day and Men In Black) that nobody else in Hollywood was fukking with. But Tom was considered more consistent across more genres.

U14bCKj.png

SA9umqm.png

Last edited:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
X-men has a built in fanbase that it doesn’t matter who is in the film it will do numbers. With the exception of silver linings playbook haven’t all her films she’s starred in flopped or underperformed at the box office? And that film was kindoff like a perfect storm.

She’s not this draw that they try to make her out to be

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
She was good in a franchise, and they equated that to her being a star. Like if people expected Daniel Radcliffe or that chick from Harry potter to be huge after the franchise ended.
Yeah but she did Silver Linings Playbook. She deserved that Oscar. That's not a bad look for her.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe her movies have been trash

X-Men drew because it's X-Men

Hunger Games drew cause it's Hunger Games

Her current run? Maybe those movies are just trash straight up? That's why I laugh at the thought of a "Mystique" solo series.

I'm like if you don't sit your pancake ass down :mjlol: