If GFID suffers another pushback, what will your thoughts be about Rick Ross?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I judge artist by the quality of the music they put out, not by the speed or 'target date' I rather them sit on music and put out a better product than rush it just to meet some deadline.

Besides, people can't be starving for a Rick Ross record that bad after he just put out that mixtape.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I'm trippin, but so sophisticated sounds nothing like BMF, 9 piece, MC Hammer.

People keep saying it

this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwky6LIL-_I]Rick Ross Ft Meek Mill - So Sophisticated [CDQ/NO TAGS] - YouTube[/ame]

sounds nothing like this

Last edited by a moderator:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the times he pushed nikkas cheeks apart searching for contraband as a C.O is coming back to haunt him...now karma will continue to push his release dates apart over and over again just for fun...and real nikkas nationwide will unite and laugh watching it happen over and over again like Ross and his C.O buddies used to do.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I'll think "good riddance". I love watching the hype die on on rappers sohh/thecoli rides super hard for and I dislike like 'i told ya' :umad: . I hold out hope for the twilight of Drake too. Maybe another couple years

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
ross is doing what wayne did with the carter III, he's not stupid he is trying to make this his highest selling album obviously.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Hes more then likely going to push it back due to the Self Made vol 2 album dropping later this month. I dont know why labels always put out a schedule with albums dropping in back to back month like they have the time or resource to promote each of them in a timely fashion

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
All the times he pushed nikkas cheeks apart searching for contraband as a C.O is coming back to haunt him...now karma will continue to push his release dates apart over and over again just for fun...and real nikkas nationwide will unite and laugh watching it happen over and over again like Ross and his C.O buddies used to do.

:deadrose:

You be talking some nonsense about Ross, at least you consistent though :manny:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:sadross:

He prolly thought this was gonna be his C3 but 2 Chainz came and stole his thunder as the hottest rapper out.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
I fukks with ross but i notice yall cop alot of pleas for this nikka.. over at sohh nikkas was goin at jeezy talkin bout pushbacks.. now that its ross its excuses smh... it is what it is

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i cosign(ed) his rapping, i think he's nice, but if he doesn't develop some sort of diveristy, flow wise and subject matter wise, dude is gonna fade to black faster than he should. push backs won't hurt him, push backs usually work out better for the artist.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Ross' biggest problem is that he's built this MMG "dynasty" off of "buzz" and being the "hottest" in the game. But in actuality, the label has had five albums (two of them being group releases) and only two artists drop solo efforts. The label has one Gold album to its name. But they came through at the right time with decent lyricism, but most importantly a sound different from the soft shyt that was ruling the airwaves, and became beloved by the internet. Yeah, the streets fukk with them, but the streets fukk with a lot of music, including the soft shyt that continues to actually run the game. The blogs championed these dudes, hence that MTV list. MMG is built on a shaky foundation with plywood walls. Buzz and being hot is important for new artists, not alleged bosses.

Then when you bring this stuff up, that's when the music is all Ross stans care about when they've spent the better part of a year disparaging other artists for pushbacks, saying they were finished, and crowning cats based on buzz. You can't have it both ways, nikkas. It could have just been everyone enjoying Ross' attempt at Rocafella Pt. 2 but nikkas just had to crown dude.

I'm just gonna leave this here as a response to anyone that doesn't take kindly to this post:

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.gif

10:31

Superstar
Daps
lol Chill Dev I got this

My nikkas album got pushed back one time due to multiple seizures (please stop comparing him to Jeezy)

December 13, 2011 and now July 31st 2012

In between that time period his artist dropped an album that should be approaching GOLD if it isn't already

Warner Bros dropped Pill

Ross dropped arguably the hardest mixtape this year (RICHFOREVER)

Meek Mill & Stalley dropped two highly anticipated mixtapes

MMG is getting ready to release 3 major albums in less than 4 months!

nikkas been praying on Teflon's downfall for a while now. July 31st my nikkas