If all guns were banished and all we had for weapons was Swords/Blades what kind would u choose?

Which Sword would you choose?

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
For this scenario...

michael-jordan-yeah.gif

Look at this shyt. See how the swordsmen gotta work harder to not get poked? :dame: Why play Bushido Blade with these nikkas when with a spear and a few days training I can be Lu Bu status? :mjgrin:

:ohhh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man, that spear may really be the deal.

May have to change my vote. Spear with a retractable blade is easily concealable if you walking from place to place as well.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I guess where the engagement happens and skills come into play, but somebody wearing stacked armor in a plane field or otherwise with plenty of room 1v1 then I like somebody with a lightweight weapon that can dance, lame them out, evade and counter:

Plus a quick slashing strike to someone's helmet with a katana would be highly disorienting and sets up for a follow-up kill shot or attack at a tendon.

The knight misses swinging with all that armor and a heavy broadsword once, they ain't gonna be able to move fast enough to stop deflect a katana strike to the helmet. While the knight is disoriented and head ringing, the katana wielder pivots forcing the knight to lose line of sight = donezo.

The warmer the climate gets as well means that armor gonna be more of a load bearer to overcome. Fighting in the cold probably influenced armor to be built heavy, but in the heat? Folks gonna be dehydrated and seeing triple.

shyt like that is often played for effect. Men in armor killed A LOT of unarmored people. So while all of what you said is valid, the same could be said if a dude in armor just said fukk it and ate the hits until the katana wielder got tired. It's not like a kabuto or Do or Hai date weight nothing. This has been a debate for a long time, I just think Samurai have this aura around them that makes people think they were more skilled/deadly than they actually were. A broadsword is giving concussions out too.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
shyt like that is often played for effect. Men in armor killed A LOT of unarmored people. So while all of what you said is valid, the same could be said if a dude in armor just said fukk it and ate the hits until the katana wielder got tired. It's not like a kabuto or Do or Hai date weight nothing. This has been a debate for a long time, I just think Samurai have this aura around them that makes people think they were more skilled/deadly than they actually were. A broadsword is giving concussions out too.

All I'm saying breh, if all guns were banned and folks out here open carrying with swords, if you live in a city like Houston and walking around with full armor in the summer :wow: I don't know, but I think they're food vs somebody equally as skilled traveling light who wants to engage at noon. Like Navy Seals say "light is right" when it comes to moving.

Cold weather probably fares better and like you said if they're both starting from absolute scratch and going to shoot a fair one in a duel, then yeah having plate armor going to pay off big. But placed like beaches, swamps, most modern cities, etc. carrying all that armor up and down these stairs with limited visibility is gonna be exhausting.

I like the broadsword too, but I still think there are some advantages a katana has over it in and out of combat (terrific draw speed) but it'll all depend on the craftsman as well.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
B
I'll go with Link's Master Sword :laff:

But seriously, a world without guns gonna have a lot more people without limbs

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
All I'm saying breh, if all guns were banned and folks out here open carrying with swords, if you live in a city like Houston and walking around with full armor in the summer :wow: I don't know, but I think they're food vs somebody equally as skilled traveling light who wants to engage at noon.

Cold weather probably fare better. But placed like beaches, most modern cities, etc. carrying all that armor up and down these stairs with limited visibility is gonna be exhausting.

I like the broadsword too, but I still think there are some advantages a katana has over it but it'll all depend on the craftsman as well.

People would wise up and rock something like gambeson or brigandine armor which were lighter/freer than full plate armor. Now that I think about it I think most would choose the two over plate armor for drip reasons :russ:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People would wise up and rock something like gambeson or brigandine armor which were lighter/freer than full plate armor. Now that I think about it I think most would choose the two over plate armor for drip reasons :russ:

:mjlol: some kids wearing nothing but some street clothes and running shoes can shove somebody wearing full plate armor down an escalator at one of those super Targets and grab their bags then run off. No mf chance that breh catching them wearing alladat.