Idris Elba's shooting a new film...and this time he's pawgin

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Hollywood is so afraid of black love its pathetic. Black women are constantly being overlooked for these types of roles. It's pathetic and racist.

Blac feminists wont attack these racist Hollywood producers though.
the agenda is real bruh. if a Black person is going to star in a tv show, movie, or commercial there's a big chance their "love interest" is gonna be white these days

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the agenda is real bruh. if a Black person is going to star in a tv show, movie, or commercial there's a big chance their "love interest" is gonna be white these days
I feel like I haven't seen a black couple in forever. I think Lethal Weapon has one. And that's likely because it's based on an old movie.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
C5PG9LoUoAQpzdj.jpg:small

He's shooting a film in Vancouver called "Mountain Between Us" with Kate Winslet as the love interest.
C5PHxrUVYAAAcNW.jpg:small

Im trying to figure out who theyre trying to market this to. The alt right/Trump crowd aint checking for it...the sistas and the conscious crowd definately aint checking for it. Who knows:jbhmm:
The titanic chick lol

I'm sure she's been in other popular flims in the past 20 years lol but i couldn't remember why her name was so familiar until i looked her up on imdb. Time flies.

Also looked up the plot of the movie... not the most unique concept; the whole stranded alone after a crash/accident thing. The acting and trailer will really have to sell the drama and gravity of it all, otherwise it'll just come across like a hohum movie trope without the appeal to either of the base audiences (black couples / white couples)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Hollywood is so afraid of black love its pathetic. Black women are constantly being overlooked for these types of roles. It's pathetic and racist.

This is a British film though. So I don't really count this as a Hollywood film.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
lol i cant wait to see the racist comments on the youtube videos of the trailer for this movie. them whiteboys bout to lose their minds.
At this point I'm agreeing with em. This forced interracial agenda is real. But for some reason it only applies to black male leads. White male leads rarely get black female leading ladies. Black females are essentially being discriminated against.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I feel like I haven't seen a black couple in forever. I think Lethal Weapon has one. And that's likely because it's based on an old movie.
:heh: LOL, That is such a cyse. What you really mean is "I haven't seen a black couple in a mainstream Hollywood movie that ISN'T considered a black movie in forever".

That is some lowkey :mjpls: shyt. So y'all don't consider black movies, real Hollywood movies?

Last edited: