I took a chance and wrote my own movie...it premiered at AMC theaters on April 18th...check it out

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
I watched the whole thing OP. I did laugh that dude was basically committing a crime with his name tag on tho lol.

Great effort. I guess my critiques, if I may, would be in some parts the sound is a bit high and the backlighting / lighting was a lil off.

Also, not a big fan of using music with the N word in the intro music, but the drone shots were really nice.

I actually did like the script. The blonde friend was super annoying, but maybe she was supposed to be.

I'm planning to try my hand in shorts / film myself. I've been writing but haven't filmed anything. Just watching videos on how to best use cell cameras and other cams.

Good luck with the film fest. I'm planning to attend one in NYC in I believe November just to get a feel of wassup.

Questions: did u have to pay for any permits to film at any of the locations? What editing software did you use. How long did it take to film. How eager were the actors to work for free.

Thanks!
I appreciate the feedbacks. And i actually did write the blonde character to kinda be that type of friend.

Answers to your questions:
1. I did not pay for permits. All of the locations I used where owned by people I knew.
2. I used Premiere Pro to edit.
3. We started filming December 3rd 2023 and we finished some time in February. We would have been done sooner, but we only filmed on weekends , some days had bad weather, and some people cancelled last minute when it was time to film causing us to reschedule.
4.Most of the characters used were people that I was cool with. They had no issues acting for free, they enjoyed the opportunity. I did do my best to make sure i provided food during the scenes though.

timeless

All Star
Daps
I watched the whole thing OP. I did laugh that dude was basically committing a crime with his name tag on tho lol.

Great effort. I guess my critiques, if I may, would be in some parts the sound is a bit high and the backlighting / lighting was a lil off.

Also, not a big fan of using music with the N word in the intro music, but the drone shots were really nice.

I actually did like the script. The blonde friend was super annoying, but maybe she was supposed to be.

I'm planning to try my hand in shorts / film myself. I've been writing but haven't filmed anything. Just watching videos on how to best use cell cameras and other cams.

Good luck with the film fest. I'm planning to attend one in NYC in I believe November just to get a feel of wassup.

Questions: did u have to pay for any permits to film at any of the locations? What editing software did you use. How long did it take to film. How eager were the actors to work for free.

Thanks!
Please go for it ☺️ we need more black filmmakers in the world.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Thanks for saying that. I really needed to hear that for myself. I am a chronic procrastinator and it's not doing me any favors.
Set small goals and make yourself do them. Like "today I'm going to write at least 5 pages of script" or "today I'm going to come up with my cast "..... make yourself do that shxt and before you know it all steps are complete over time.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Havent watched it yet..just now seeing this thread. A hustler deserves respect though. Ill toast to the hustle and betting on yourself.
Give it a watch when you get a chance. We did pretty good considering what we had to work with. Learned alot during this process and cant wait to improve on the next one. Check it out if ug ot time today