I took a chance and wrote my own movie...it premiered at AMC theaters on April 18th...check it out

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
On my birthday look at gawd :banderas:

When you get on A24, can You pitch my spaghetti western called "Black Man in a Sundown town" :ld:

You get majority, while the marsupial gets a year wow subscription.

Thank about it. Money and lots of it friend 😀
I got u man. You may can get there yourself bro. Believe in ya idea and network with people that wanna help you. Put that intention out in the universe and watch what can happen. The pieces will fall in place.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I got u man. You may can get there yourself bro. Believe in ya idea and network with people that wanna help you. Put that intention out in the universe and watch what can happen. The pieces will fall in place.

Received that :wow: . Got me thinking about getting back into writing.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Appreciate the critiques and I agree with them. Going into this I didnt know anything about directing, film angles and stuff like that. I studied and watched alot of youtube videos on that stuff after the movie was done once i noticed all of the things that i didnt like and wanted done better. The next one will be better overall. Thank you.
You're welcome!

For you to not have any prior knowledge makes this short film even more impressive. There's a lot of raw potential there. I have a cousin who is doing something similar to you; he also started from the bottom, but he's gaining more traction by continuing to progress and hone his skill. I think by studying and learning different techniques you will also find the same success. Trial and error and all that jazz. Looking forward to seeing your films on TV one day. ☺️

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
Will definitley submit today.
It’s a great festival it’s going to be our 4th year it’s usually a 3 day event with celebrity panels and a live screening of the film it’s really dope :yeshrug: It all culminates in an award show as well

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
It’s a great festival it’s going to be our 4th year it’s usually a 3 day event with celebrity panels and a live screening of the film it’s really dope :yeshrug: It all culminates in an award show as well
Thats dope. Congrats on making it to four years. I was gonna ask you if its on Film Freeway, then i visited the site and see that is.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
You're welcome!

For you to not have any prior knowledge makes this short film even more impressive. There's a lot of raw potential there. I have a cousin who is doing something similar to you; he also started from the bottom, but he's gaining more traction by continuing to progress and hone his skill. I think by studying and learning different techniques you will also find the same success. Trial and error and all that jazz. Looking forward to seeing your films on TV one day. ☺️
Much appreciated!

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Ive been in a few movies thats on Tubi and Prime, but last summer I decided to write my own script and put my own short film together. I didnt know what to expect considering it was my first movie. Learned alot along on the way and it was an interesting experience. We started filming back in December and we had the premiere for the movie April 18th at AMC Regency in Jacksonville FL. The short film is called Pressure. We filmed it with a Black Magic Cinema 4k. We were lacking some things equipment wise but made a dvmn good effort for our first time. I plan on making the next one even better quality wise. Check it out. Feel free to ask any questions.

*IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE and ENJOYED THE EFFORT, COULD YOU SHARE IT TO YOUR SOCIAL AND HELP US PUSH IT INTO THE YOUTUBE ALGORITHM*

3x4-pressure.jpg

I watched the whole thing OP. I did laugh that dude was basically committing a crime with his name tag on tho lol.

Great effort. I guess my critiques, if I may, would be in some parts the sound is a bit high and the backlighting / lighting was a lil off.

Also, not a big fan of using music with the N word in the intro music, but the drone shots were really nice.

I actually did like the script. The blonde friend was super annoying, but maybe she was supposed to be.

I'm planning to try my hand in shorts / film myself. I've been writing but haven't filmed anything. Just watching videos on how to best use cell cameras and other cams.

Good luck with the film fest. I'm planning to attend one in NYC in I believe November just to get a feel of wassup.

Questions: did u have to pay for any permits to film at any of the locations? What editing software did you use. How long did it take to film. How eager were the actors to work for free.

Thanks!