I took a chance and wrote my own movie...it premiered at AMC theaters on April 18th...check it out

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Ive been in a few movies thats on Tubi and Prime, but last summer I decided to write my own script and put my own short film together. I didnt know what to expect considering it was my first movie. Learned alot along on the way and it was an interesting experience. We started filming back in December and we had the premiere for the movie April 18th at AMC Regency in Jacksonville FL. The short film is called Pressure. We filmed it with a Black Magic Cinema 4k. We were lacking some things equipment wise but made a dvmn good effort for our first time. I plan on making the next one even better quality wise. Check it out. Feel free to ask any questions.

*We are almost at 5,000 views. IF YOU WATCH THE MOVIE and ENJOYED THE EFFORT, COULD YOU SHARE THE LINK WITH AT LEAST 1 PERSON OR POST IT ON YOUR SOCIAL AND HELP US REACH THAT GOAL*

3x4-pressure.jpg

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I watched the whole thing. Tyler Perry's Divorce In The Black is Godfather 2 compared to this. LOL. This was more like a bunch of IG skits put together to make 1 long skit then a Tubi movie.

But aside from that, continue to do your thing. I'm wishing the best for you and your future endeavors. I gave you a view and a thumbs up. Keep doing ya thing.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Currently watching. I think it's great that you put this together and you're following your desires. I'll leave any critiques I have after I finish. The poster looks really good and intriguing. I can't tell, from first glance, if it's a comedy, a drama, or thriller/suspense.

Edit: I finished the film and I quite liked it. The story itself was decent from start to finish. The characters made sense given their role. I liked the soundtrack as well.

There were times when the music overpowered the dialogue, making it hard to hear what the characters were saying. Th cinematography could've been better. More close up shots were needed, especially during the scenes prior to the pressure pop-up title. I thought that was an artistic touch too.

The way some of the character's spoke didn't always make sense. Most of them sounded like the volume was past 30. But, I liked it still. 😄 I have a soft spot for Black movies

Last edited:

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
What was your total cost and how did you get the money
The cost was minimal. My friend owned the Black Magic camera and was already making content. I paid him $500 to film it. I did the sound design editing myself. I didnt have to pay the cast, but i did order everyone food most of the time during scenes. I spent some money to get the patches put on the mechanic outfit, that was like $8 on Etsy and i ordered the mechanic clothes off Ebay for like $20.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
Currently watching. I think it's great that you put this together and you're following your desires. I'll leave any critiques I have after I finish. The poster looks really good and intriguing. I can't tell, from first glance, if it's a comedy, a drama, or thriller/suspense.

Edit: I finished the film and I quite liked it. The story itself was decent from start to finish. The characters made sense given their role. I liked the soundtrack as well.

There were times when the music overpowered the dialogue, making it hard to hear what the characters were saying. Th cinematography could've been better. More close up shots were needed, especially during the scenes prior to the pressure pop-up title. I thought that was an artistic touch too.

The way some of the character's spoke didn't always make sense. Most of them sounded like the volume was past 30. But, I liked it still. 😄 I have a soft spot for Black movies
Appreciate the critiques and I agree with them. Going into this I didnt know anything about directing, film angles and stuff like that. I studied and watched alot of youtube videos on that stuff after the movie was done once i noticed all of the things that i didnt like and wanted done better. The next one will be better overall. Thank you.