I told a gay man to “quit acting like a fukkin woman” today at work.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
If he really likes you, he won't report you cause he wanna keep you around.....you might be good
full

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
nikka cause he came up to ME and was bothering me all day

First thing at work he pulls me aside and says “why do you talk to the women here more than me” :why:

Literally FIRST thing this morning at 10:30 AM
Im more interested/pissed at 10:30 being first thing in the morning for you

Im already getting ready for a lunch/smoke break by then :mjlol:

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
I get what you are saying. I haven’t been in an office setting since I was at a call center on night shift in ‘07. I’ve been in a maintenance/military setting the last 8 years.

I didn’t catch that his female colleagues heard what he said as well.

That said, are you saying what he said is grounds for termination if this was a first incident? The company would terminate and spend all the money to hire another person? I have to brush up HR policies before I get caught up.

A few years from now “you acting like a robot” will be grounds for termination.
giphy.gif

Reports to HR.
:mjlol:

Unless the people who were present dont wanna snitch and dont care, that shyt is a meeting and a warning, bare minimum, at any respectable corporate employer.

And yes companies with strong reputations to keep would rather fire and replace someone than take any risk that ruins their reputation and opens them up to poor scrutiny and lawsuits. You think a company wit hundreds of years of history and hundreds of stock investors keeping them afloat is gonna let some coli nicca have them caught up in discrimination lawsuits and news headlines. They nipp that in the bud quick. Even if its just to make an example to others that thar shyt is not ok.

There's a reason HR departments exist and it's not because these corporations really give a shyt about you or your sensitivities, it's because they rather employees come to them so they can quickly take care of it than have their employees going to a lawyer or a news reporter every time they have an uncomfortable situation like this.

It aint personal. That's business. It's kind of the weird conundrum with everyone's frustration with "wokeness." Corporations love money first. And wokeness, inclusivity, makes money. People think society is changing because the gays have an agenda and the blacks have an agenda. When really it's just greed and money dictating everything you see.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Corporate America getting fruitier and fruitier.
Can't have a successor with any balls so fruit adjacent nikkas win.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
"Why do you talk to the women here more than me?"

If ever asked that or a similar question the pc response would be "I enjoy talking with all my coworkers when they have the time but I also don't like to disrupt my coworkers when they're busy. You're a great and hard worker so I never wanted to disrupt your or my own workflow."

If he attempts to talk to you again say you would love to chat but you're busy at the time.

He will know this is BS but atleast your able to cover your ass. And tell HR you're concern with getting task completed.

I'm not homophobic personally so I would be chatting it up with him just as much as the females.

Make sure you have good references if you look for other work who won't mentioned this run in with ol'e boy.

"Yeah the reason I'm looking for another job is because I cursed out a gay coworker for making me feel uncomfortable."

nikka cause he came up to ME and was bothering me all day

First thing at work he pulls me aside and says “why do you talk to the women here more than me” :why:

Literally FIRST thing this morning at 10:30 AM

Last edited: