I Thought I was Fully On Board With All Digital Gaming Purchases…

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What game was sold out?
Dude in another thread was mad because his local gamestop didn't order enough copies of Hogwarts Legacy.
I told him the game is never sold out on the Playstation store on his PS5, but he was like nah, he rather wait on the off chance he makes $8 bucks trading it in in a few months.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Dude in another thread was mad because his local gamestop didn't order enough copies of Hogwarts Legacy.
I told him the game is never sold out on the Playstation store on his PS5, but he was like nah, he rather wait on the off chance he makes $8 bucks trading it in in a few months.
Wow.
I remember hearing GameStop only orders however many pre-orders they receive. I didn't think it'd be like that though

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saying you purchased games and never downloaded them is like saying you preordered some shyt from gamestop and never picked it up, then you called the manger a bytch now he won’t let you in the store to get your games :comeon:

If you want to be in control of the preservation of your digital games then YOU have to do it.

Why do you expect a store to indefinitely allow you to walk in and out with your product over and over again?

That is an extra privilege afforded to you that’s pretty much exclusive to digital content.

This benefit does not then just turn into a negative because there are some future doomsday maybe scenarios could remove the benefit.

Microsoft servers die. The least of our problems would be not being able to download games. :comeon:

It’s much more likely any of us would have a local physical catastrophe than we would microsoft/sony taking away our ability to download games.

Yet with digital games it’s random future doomsday scenarios we are supposed to be afraid of:stopitslime:

Your access can never be taken away from you. It’s up to you to maintain your access to digital games just like physical. Don’t matter the scenario digital space is infinitely cheaper/easier to maintain than physical space.

The bolded is false. If you own the game you can always download it.

I have Jet Set Radio (a delisted game)downloaded and playable on my series X right now. If you want to purchase/play JSR right now you would have to buy an overpriced old ass console and find an overpriced disc for sale and hope both of them shyts still work.

The first game i ever purchased digitally was geometry wars like 15 years ago. I can still download and play that game right now on my series X. I still have access to precisely ZERO of the disc games i’ve purchased since then :mjlol:

There’s no way in hell you can argue to me that archaic ass discs are a better way to maintain access to media.
Didn't bother to read after seeing the bolded. I'm talking about physical games I own at my house and you're talking about walking into Gamestop as if that's remotely the same. TTYL breh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The fact that you keep talking about walking into a store to purchase NEW games being completely different from what I'm talking about e.g. accessing games you already PAID for is proof that you're just trolling.
I’m not talking about new games. I’m talking about games you already purchased.

Once you leave the store with your game it’s up to you to keep up with it.

Why do you expect to be able to go back in the store and pick up another game if you lose/delete/destroy your game?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Why do you expect to be able to go back in the store and pick up another game if you lose/delete/destroy your game?
I know you from the era of keeping a stack of discs with finger prints all over them face down; but this is a straw man argument you typically fall back to.
Leaving a disc in a case is not that hard breh. You act like games have some real "upkeep" to them and discs are being ruined like some kind of epidemic. :russ:
You're the reason people don't want to buy used games at gamestop.
Tryna sell a game with a blank sheet of paper on the cover and hand written "Fable 2" in marker on it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Games i already purchased physically aren't the same as games that I buy digitally because the digital version isn't really mine, I just get a license to access the files on a server that is not in my control.

The only way your analogy makes sense is if when you buy a physical game, you have to walk inside the store, they hand you a case but then you have the game transferred to your console right then there and then if you need to access it again you go back but then again that's just stupid and not how it works. Any physical item I buy regardless of the category, I can't go back and get a completely separate item unless I have some warranty or something.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know you from the era of keeping a stack of discs with finger prints all over them face down; but this is a straw man argument you typically fall back to.
Leaving a disc in a case is not that hard breh. You act like games have some real "upkeep" to them and discs are being ruined like some kind of epidemic. :russ:
You're the reason people don't want to buy used games at gamestop.
Tryna sell a game with a blank sheet of paper on the cover and hand written "Fable 2" in marker on it.
Leaving a game installed on a hard drive is easier.

Physical space does need upkeep. You may not think of it that way, but you are paying a lot of money to maintain the safe physical space that you have.

The bolded is all facts tho, i can’t keep up with physical games for shyt :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Games i already purchased physically aren't the same as games that I buy digitally because the digital version isn't really mine, I just get a license to access the files on a server that is not in my control.
You have a local copy of the digital game that you do have control over. Only thing you can’t do is sell it.

The only way your analogy makes sense is if when you buy a physical game, you have to walk inside the store, they hand you a case but then you have the game transferred to your console right then there and then if you need to access it again you go back but then again that's just stupid and not how it works. Any physical item I buy regardless of the category, I can't go back and get a completely separate item unless I have some warranty or something.
Digital games give you MORE options to access your already purchased games, not less.

The only option you DONT have with digital games is the option to re-sell the game.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Buying digital games only made sense to me if they’re new. I still buy disc because a lot of games I buy are old. Not playing a jacked up retail price from the PS store because I’m too lazy to get up and change a disc. :yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Leaving a game installed on a hard drive is easier.

Physical space does need upkeep. You may not think of it that way, but you are paying a lot of money to maintain the safe physical space that you have.

The bolded is all facts tho, i can’t keep up with physical games for shyt :mjlol:

71b2h3UlYLL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

:beli: it's really that hard muthafukka???

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Jokes aside, why are folks acting like getting permabanned is somehow less avoidable than losing or damaging your physical media?

It’s six of one half a dozen of the other.