I think Pac's "So Many Tears" is the best Hip Hop beat of all time

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

why did you bold it if you were just gonna quote the whole post

These are all certainly great beats and personally prodigy's three, motherless child, shook ones and lil ghetto boy are definite nominees....but imo So Many Tears definitely fits in with those or maybe a tier higher just on technical basis alone .....but that's my opinion.....still all the beats you posted are dope to me too ....surprised you didn't mention this too

seems a bit in your wheel house, personal favorite of mine (LES)....but still for me so many tears bangs equally wit all if those, if not better .....but that me tho :manny:

lol There's lots of beats i could have chose. I can't post every great beat.

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
All time classic & top 3 Pac beat, but Heartz of Men still has me
fb8aeeb0908f36c39e41f916ec50fdcb.gif

giphy.gif

Edub

Veteran
Daps
lol There's lots of beats i could have chose. I can't post every great beat.

Nikka I was simply adding to your list....not expecting you to list every beat honestly....you comin off pretentious.....and I'm trying to be cordial, so let's get down to brass tacks then....you namin decent beats but LOl'n a classic beat like shock G's so many tears....you up trag's joint....but lol'n so many tears.....yea ok nikka:stopitslime:........music is in the ear of the beholder but the examples you posted are on par or pale in comparison to the pac joint.....stop your know it all nonsense...foh:camby:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Nah...

This song and beat is timeless because there is a soul in it. Pete Rock took a simple loop of one of my favorite samples (Tom Scott-Today) and brought life to it. The horns, the harmony of the background singers in the filter, and the the drums to carry the beat through a song about losing a close friend. I can keep the loop on the song for a complete hour and the shyt gets better and better.

I'm still waiting for a beat that actually affects me emotionally, spiritually, and mentally like T.R.O.Y. The closest song to meet that caliber is ATCQ- Lost Somebody.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Nominees to consider.

Ain't No Half Steppin

Children's Story

The Symphony

C.R.E.A.M

Paid in Full

Last edited:

HugLife

Flabby and Healthy
Daps
Top 3 Pac song O.A.T.
Top 3 song of any genre IMO

From the beat drop to the introduction ALREADY NEPALM. Then he gave you four whole verses!
(The last two among my favorites)
Each one pushing you closer to the edge of a precipice until you can actually vizualize whats at the bottom of a perpetual abyss.

Existentialism accompanied by a spiritual religious conviction. Nihilism twisted with a deep seated yearning for positivity. Dualities people.

QUOATABLES FOR DAYS

It's dark eerie undertones bring you to your deepest unknown hollow core yet the song is uplifting and awe inspiring in a weird neurotic way providing cathartic closure to a maniacal or quite stable mindstate.

The bul ran through the beat with supreme efficiency my nig could have wheezed snored and coughed throughout the whole song and it still would've been classic.

This was also one of my brothers favorites songs which we played at his funeral upon his request.
:mjcry:

Hug Life brehs

:mjgrin: