I think Pac's "So Many Tears" is the best Hip Hop beat of all time

Edub

Veteran
Daps

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

If you haven't listened to this song with the excitement of Maino here, you ain't a fan :russ:

Yoooo.....maino got me straight:pachaha:right now, cuz thats how we be.....first heard straight ballin on my way to highschool in my homie whip one morning sophmore year when thug life first dropped we was all in the whip like:gladbron::mjgrin::whoo::whew::ohlawd::myman::ahh::banderas::skip:.........monumental hip hop moment.

Way2Fonky

Rookie
Daps
When did he say this? Link?

He been talking bout writing books for years now.

I'm not sure when or who conducted the interview but I have it saved.
I promised my editor I wouldn't speak on that because there's a thick chapter in the book about So Many Tears. We covered everything too, in detail, the songs beginning, the recording session (and all the social drama surrounding it), and the mixing process.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
For all the artsy fartsy "deep" lyricist out there who like to rag on Pac's simplicity....

This might be the most introspective song in hip hop history.

While niccaz try to "conceptualize" and make it complex/deep

Pac just did it...hashed it straight from the heart.

His soul was truly artistic/profound...A pure natural.
Not enough multis though :mjgrin:

Edub

Veteran
Daps

These are all certainly great beats and personally prodigy's three, motherless child, shook ones and lil ghetto boy are definite nominees....but imo So Many Tears definitely fits in with those or maybe a tier higher just on technical basis alone .....but that's my opinion.....still all the beats you posted are dope to me too ....surprised you didn't mention this too

seems a bit in your wheel house, personal favorite of mine (LES)....but still for me so many tears bangs equally wit all if those, if not better .....but that me tho :manny: