I think Pac's "So Many Tears" is the best Hip Hop beat of all time

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For all the artsy fartsy "deep" lyricist out there who like to rag on Pac's simplicity....

This might be the most introspective song in hip hop history.

While niccaz try to "conceptualize" and make it complex/deep

Pac just did it...hashed it straight from the heart.

His soul was truly artistic/profound...A pure natural.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
For all the artsy fartsy "deep" lyricist out there who like to rag on Pac's simplicity....

I agree. Dap and +rep, great post, bruh :myman:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I personally think this is Pac’s best song. From the lyrics to the emotion to the flow, all married to the beat….if it’s not his best, it’s Top 3.

TRUE STORY, I told this story before on :hamster: :

My cousin used to work for this telemarketing company, taking orders for all those (800) numbers you see on commercials. In between calls, the computer screen would be blank and you could type whatever you wanted on there.

So one day, bored, he typed up the lyrics to this song, all three verses. When he was done, he went on break……putting his phone on hold and therefore freezing his screen, WHICH he forgot about.

He comes back from break and two supervisors are at his desk, with STERN faces, like “can we please speak with you right away?”

His mind racing to figure what they could want, he suddenly recalled that he didn’t delete the verses off the screen before his break. So he’s thinkin’ “DAMN, these nikkas bout to fire me for typing up those lyrics on the screen!”

Once they get into the supervisor’s office and close to door, however, to his surprise they were like:

"Now Mark….we saw what you typed on the screen. We take that as a cry for help, and we don’t want you to feel like you’re going through this alone, we’re HERE for you…..”

By now he’s like :mjlol: :mjlol: , and ends up having to OVERLY explain what the deal was to them. Even after telling them it was a Pac song, they weren't sure if he was lying just to save face. :heh:

Moral of the story? Yeah, Pac knew how to write with almost unparalleled EMOTION, and make YOU feel that emotion.

Edub

Veteran
Daps

This is so under appreciated.....and is honestly lyrically difficult to do....cuz what most people will spit right from the heart in it's simplest form wouldn't be fan generating or noteworthy.

He had an intrinsic God given swag that didn't require a thesaurus or dictionary ....but yet still can and will be remembered throughout time.

Ya average lyrical miracle can't do that.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
This is so under appreciated.....and is honestly lyrically difficult to do....cuz what most people will spit right from the hear in it's simplest form wouldn't be fan generating or noteworthy.

He had an intrinsic God given swag that didn't require a thesaurus or dictionary ....but yet still can and will be remembered throughout time.

Ya average lyrical miracle can't do that.

Dap and +rep, yup.