I saw the new Hobbit movie

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
I was just thinking,
(Only read half The Hobbit and got bored with it)

Since Gandolf now knows Sauron is building an Army
How is this gonna transition into the 1st of LOTR
Cause in the beginning of the trilogy he was so non-nonchalant going into the shire like the world was great
Then tack on the fact that many years might have passed since the end of The Hobbit and Part 1 of LOTR
Is he somehow gonna defeat Sauron in The Hobbit Part 3?
Someone who finished the book fill me in please
In the beginning of Fellowship of the ring you see Gollum being tortured by orcs that work for Sauron. He says "Shire"..... "Baggins"... and the Nazgul are sent out to find Bilbo. Gandalf rolls up first cause he knows where Bilbo is and that's when they pass the ring on to Frodo and they start the quest to burn it in Mount Doom to keep Sauron from getting the power of it and returning in full.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
In the beginning of Fellowship of the ring you see Gollum being tortured by orcs that work for Sauron. He says "Shire"..... "Baggins"... and the Nazgul are sent out to find Bilbo. Gandalf rolls up first cause he knows where Bilbo is and that's when they pass the ring on to Frodo and they start the quest to burn it in Mount Doom to keep Sauron from getting the power of it and returning in full.
but he doesnt know bilbo has the ring and its like 50 after the hobbit ends

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
He knows Bilbo has it by the end of the next movie. Remember when he rolls up on him and he says "Keep it Secret - Keep it safe"
Nawww, in the Hobbit, he knew it had some sort of magic. In the 1st LOTR book is when he figured out it was the 'ONE' ring

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Saruman convinces him the ring is gone out to sea so Gandalf dosen't know it is the ONE ring until fellowship but he knows Bilbo has an enchanted ring and figures it out after doing some research after he goes to visit him.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got back from the movie, it wasn't necessarily better than the first, it just has the advantage it doesn't start off with thirty minutes of singing and eating dwarves. Then again, there's a lot of slow-down in the middle of the movie with that awkward love-triangle about the elf chick falling for the one dwarf who happens to look like a young Peter Jackson, or that godawful corrupt leadership duo in that town by the lake.

The scene with the barrels down the river was awesome though with Legolas beasting on those orcs like crazy and the confrontation with Smaug was as brilliant and it needed to be (despite the "fukk you, pay me" ending).

Benedict Cumberbatch the gawd's powerful pronunciation of Smaug's verbal ether though... :ohlawd:

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Imma be real
I dont know if I would survive the spider scene
I niqqua woulda went into shock dealing with a spider that big

Shyyyyyt
After dealing with the arachnids
Dealing with a Dragon for me woulda been
:zzz:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Another thing, this movie has pretty much rendered the PG-13 rating completely useless because this movie was brutal as fukk.

You know damn well how Peter Jackson was explaining that shyt to the MPAA too...

MPAA: Mr. Jackson, there's close to fifty cold-blooded deaths in this movie.

Peter Jackson: Yes, but you know, it's just a fantasy movie. They're fantasy deaths. :mjpls:

MPAA: We get that, but there's like fifteen close-up shots of Orcs being shot in the head with arrows and another ten getting their throats slit.

Peter Jackson: True, but again this is a fantasy movie. There's no similarity between the killings depicted in the movie and how people die in real life. :mjpls:

MPAA: Right... but you also have seven decapitations in your movie, with three instances of close-ups of the decapitated heads and one jarring shot of a recently decapitated body twitching on the ground as its life pours out of it.

Peter Jackson: Yeah, but it's an Orc though. Little kids won't be influenced from seeing Orcs decapitated and their headless bodies convulsing. They are probably not even aware the anatomy of Orcs and humans are the same so they don't even know how close they are to watching incredibly detailed deaths. :mjpls:

MPAA: Mr. Jackson... just give us our bag of money!

Peter Jackson: Yessir, the check's already in the mail. :mjpls:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Back to the movie...

I prolly stand alone when I say this but...

This was the best movie of the series, including the original LOTR
:whoo:

:whoa: most entertaining? maybe. but when it comes to story, acting, plot and just overall epicness, it's not touching the original trilogy

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing, this movie has pretty much rendered the PG-13 rating completely useless because this movie was brutal as fukk.

You know damn well how Peter Jackson was explaining that shyt to the MPAA too...

MPAA: Mr. Jackson, there's close to fifty cold-blooded deaths in this movie.

Peter Jackson: Yes, but you know, it's just a fantasy movie. They're fantasy deaths. :mjpls:

MPAA: We get that, but there's like fifteen close-up shots of Orcs being shot in the head with arrows and another ten getting their throats slit.

Peter Jackson: True, but again this is a fantasy movie. There's no similarity between the killings depicted in the movie and how people die in real life. :mjpls:

MPAA: Right... but you also have seven decapitations in your movie, with three instances of close-ups of the decapitated heads and one jarring shot of a recently decapitated body twitching on the ground as its life pours out of it.

Peter Jackson: Yeah, but it's an Orc though. Little kids won't be influenced from seeing Orcs decapitated and their headless bodies convulsing. They are probably not even aware the anatomy of Orcs and humans are the same so they don't even know how close they are to watching incredibly detailed deaths. :mjpls:

MPAA: Mr. Jackson... just give us our bag of money!

Peter Jackson: Yessir, the check's already in the mail. :mjpls:

Every so often the old Peter Jackson creeps into his new movies

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
I give the first one 5 out 10 and thats only because it was a beautifuly shot movie. This one was way way better give it an 8 out of 10. Could have hit that 9 if it cut on some of the garbage in the middle.

The barrel seen was dope as shyt. Also its the first movie that did a fukkin dragon right.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
The scene with the barrels down the river was awesome though with Legolas beasting on those orcs like crazy and the confrontation with Smaug was as brilliant and it needed to be (despite the "fukk you, pay me" ending).

Benedict Cumberbatch the gawd's powerful pronunciation of Smaug's verbal ether though... :ohlawd:
i agree with all of this, especially cumberbatch with that nunciation ether....my dude smaug had so much bravado and swag i was in the theater listening to this mufukka like :noah:.....connery used to be my favorite dragon but now he dun got that title straight snatched :whew:.....cant wait for this shyt to drop on bluray (honestly dont think i can take a theater viewing again :ld:...a nicca was cramping up in that seat :russ:)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I'm guess this ends with Smaug...

heading off to burn Dale into the ground?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
they try to kill Smaug(the Dragon) by pouring liquid hot gold on him. it looks like it's killing him but he escapes, flies out of the cave and starts heading towards a nearby town to destroy it and kill everyone. The Dwarves and Bilbo look on like :merchant: Then Bilbo says, "What have we done?" then fade to black, when it faded to black some dude behind me was like "Are you kidding me?!" :why:
:russ:

THEY SOPRANO YALL ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dead::dead::dead:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Enjoyed movie. The 3d was disappointing though. Bilbo and legolas were putting in work. Im not impressed with thorin oakenshield at all in either movie