I saw the new Hobbit movie

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The CGI in this shyt was kind of terrible.

And there really is no reason for this story to be 9 fukking hours.

Ugg.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anyone see the HFR version?
I saw it last night.

I really liked the movie but I wouldn't recommend HFR.
It made it look cheap. I prefer the regular film version

Might have to see it again

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Wonder if the 3rd film will tie into the fellowship at the end.
I don't see how it shouldn't, they were getting ready for gandalfs arrival at bilbos party at the start of part 1, idk how theyre going to overlook that confrontation with sauron, Gandalf had before they left him in the cage

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I ate a magic cookie before the movie :lolbron:and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I was very impressed with the HFR. That barrel scene tho??? :banderas:Can't wait to see it again!

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i liked it better than the first one. it was nice.
my mans bard :salute:

probably gonna run back through the 3 LOTR movies soon

nothing but cacs in this thread I see

what on earth could compel a black man to see crap like this
there was actually like two or three black extras in this one. which made me :heh: because i literally dont remember ANY black people or extras in the other 4 LOTR movies

My GF's black and she loves these movies. Upon seeing your comment I said your very statement to my gf, So I won't be forced to see this shytty movie,and she responded "they are black people in these movies there're the orcs".

:snoop:
Now I'am forced to go at 6:15
lowkey i thought they was on they :mjpls: because the orc they captured and took back to the king of the woodelves looked like he had cornrows lol

Just finished the book so I was hyped for the movie. I thought it was really cool how they tied together LOTR with this through the Gandalf side plot. For those asking - it's NOT explicity in the book but everything is part of Tolkien's OG story except the elf girl falling for Kili.

The barrell scene, Smaug scene and spiders were all piff.

I thought this one was very good in staying true to the source and the third one should be awesome. I'd put it just below the OG trilogy in terms of quality, but a big improvement on the first hobbit. :obama:
yeah i read the book but it was a while ago so i remember nothing about it. i liked the sauron thing, i was like :ohhh: when his body turned out to be the middle of the eye, i was like wow i never thought of that

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The CGI in this shyt was kind of terrible.

And there really is no reason for this story to be 9 fukking hours.

Ugg.

You're buggin, Smaug was one of the best CGI creations I've ever seen. Just think about this, they managed to make a giant, talking dragon seem like a living breathing, character that the audience could take seriously. that's a real accomplishment

Agree with the second part of your statement though :ehh:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You're buggin, Smaug was one of the best CGI creations I've ever seen. Just think about this, they managed to make a giant, talking dragon seem like a living breathing, character that the audience could take seriously. that's a real accomplishment

Agree with the second part of your statement though :ehh:

I shoulda qualified that comment more.

SOME of the CGI was fukking great. Smaug most notably.

But ANY time people were riding animals, or a pack of CGI animals was running around, it was BRUTAL.

And when the camera would switch between real footage and CGI, like many times early in the barrel chase scene, it was distracting as hell to me.

Heat

Daps
Reppin
Heart of the city
Benedict's voice as Smaug was the sh!t. Hobbit 2 destroys easily the first one. It was a relieve that no dwarves are singing for 25 minutes. Freeman was very good in this movie. And Smaug heading for the city...:lupe:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I like this one but I prefer the 1st one. The 1st pacing and just had that adventure movie feel. Just felt like they was always on the run. Yeah, they was banging in this one. But I like the action in the 1st one more. Plus, Gollum always makes the film. Love story sucked. And some of the dialogue just was not interesting. I'm not with those who say it should be 1 film. But I think 2 would have been fine.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a fan of the LOTR movies and the only reason I watched this(at home :lolbron:) was because the 1st one is on HBO this month that that shyt looked amazing on my to and the story didn't interest me. That being said...I thought this was really good. I'm going to rewatch the 1st one sometime this weekend and may give the OG trilogy another shot.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The Trolls were such great characters. The writing for them was excellent. Just revolting creatures.