I saw Godzilla tonight

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Why are people still working during catastrophes in the first place? Not just Godzilla but any big budget movie or tv show. Even during the LA Riots The LAPD even said "f*ck this sh*t" and bounced completely from South Central. And that was just riots.. Here you got the craziest sh*t happening in the existence of man and cops is still out directing traffic, people still working in supermarkets, firefighters running around, etc. I know the economy is still rebounding but damn :mindblown:
People were still working after the planes hit the tower

On the real though, if it was more monster action, people would have still botched, can't please everyone

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Pacific Rim > Godzilla.

Matter of fact I would've rather they made a Pacific Rim 2 with a Godzilla cameo.

It seems like they spent more time designing Godzilla than they actual script. The plot was even on point. The writing and acting was meh.

And for this they should've tried to get more big name actors for cameos.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I watched this today, at an IMAX screen :whoo: those monsters were big as fukk :whew:.

I thought it was a good monster movie, it never once got boring for me, even after
Cranston's character died
I was still hooked. Aaron Taylor Johnson was bland and he definitely ISN'T an "action star" or "leading man" for that matter, but he was alright in this. However that doesn't mean they should have done what they did regarding Cranston's character, that whole part was :snoop:. The scenes with the M.U.T.O.s were good as was the action.

However this film is called "Godzilla". As a "Godzilla film" it was fukking terrible :snoop:. Anyone defending the lack of Godzilla in this film can:camby::mjlol:. Everything about Godzilla in this movie was laughably contrived :shaq2: . It felt like the script was originally called M.U.T.O., however they didn't think it would sell as a movie, so they did a last-minute rewrite, put Godzilla in it and used his name and status to sell the movie :heh:. You know you've got a problem when Godzilla's inclusion feels so damn forced. He's an afterthought in this film. He isn't the focus, he's hardly explained, there's no emphasis on him, in his own damn movie :dead:. Why should I care about this version of Godzilla? Pops in here, pops in there, random atomic breath, no character, zero build up , Godzilla randomly a hero at the end :duck: it was so damn bad. Fat as fukk as well. All that "alpha predator" :trash: was a joke. A disastrous reintroduction to the character.

6.5/10 as a monster film.
2.5/10 as a Godzilla film.

This was a better film than Godzilla 98 however Godzilla 98 is a better "Godzilla film" than this.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I watched this today, at an IMAX screen :whoo: those monsters were big as fukk :whew:.

I thought it was a good monster movie, it never once got boring for me, even after
Cranston's character died
I was still hooked. Aaron Taylor Johnson was bland and he definitely ISN'T an "action star" or "leading man" for that matter, but he was alright in this. However that doesn't mean they should have done what they did regarding Cranston's character, that whole part was :snoop:. The scenes with the M.U.T.O.s were good as was the action.

However this film is called "Godzilla". As a "Godzilla film" it was fukking terrible :snoop:. Anyone defending the lack of Godzilla in this film can:camby::mjlol:. Everything about Godzilla in this movie was laughably contrived :shaq2: . It felt like the script was originally called M.U.T.O., however they didn't think it would sell as a movie, so they did a last-minute rewrite, put Godzilla in it and used his name and status to sell the movie :heh:. You know you've got a problem when Godzilla's inclusion feels so damn forced. He's an afterthought in this film. He isn't the focus, he's hardly explained, there's no emphasis on him, in his own damn movie :dead:. Why should I care about this version of Godzilla? Pops in here, pops in there, random atomic breath, no character, zero build up , Godzilla randomly a hero at the end :duck: it was so damn bad. Fat as fukk as well. All that "alpha predator" :trash: was a joke. A disastrous reintroduction to the character.

6.5/10 as a monster film.
2.5/10 as a Godzilla film.

This was a better film than Godzilla 98 however Godzilla 98 is a better "Godzilla film" than this.
I respect this review. Summed up how I felt without me ever realising it before. I enjoyed the film, but at the same time I left the theater disappointed. Maybe they made him TOO big. And if you are going to go that route, you need more direct conflict and not this hide that beast behind dust, mist, night, etc.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Good flick, but disappointing for lack of Godzilla and fight scenes. They teased us with those and when shyt finally goes down it's short. I was gonna purchase when it dropped first day, but I'll wait til it's like 8 bucks.

These dudes trying to move a nuke when EMPs can happen. :mjlol:

I liked how GODzilla played the hero. I was expecting him to just fukk shyt up. I had no idea about the other monsters showing up so that got me :ehh:

The way Zilla killed the female. :ooh: :gladbron:

And when we got atomic breathing Zilla, I got goosebumps. :wow:

Last edited:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
My final thought after seeing it twice is that my hopes weren't fully realized, but at least the groundwork is in. Got these fakkit ass MUTOs out the way so that Toho roster can come through and crush buildings :yes:

Quick-Ass better not be in the next one, tho :ufdup:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
My final thought after seeing it twice is that my hopes weren't fully realized, but at least the groundwork is in. Got these fakkit ass MUTOs out the way so that Toho roster can come through and crush buildings :yes:

Quick-Ass better not be in the next one, tho :ufdup:
It just stings that shyt can't get done right the first time.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Did this director honestly thought that cutting away from the fights and showing as less Godzilla as possible was a good idea? :what:they better change this useless c*nt for the sequels if they want my money.
Yeah I wonder if the studio execs saw the cut and were like.
:patrice:

Well it would've been nice to see Godzilla more...but...

:snoop: fukk who picked this a$$hole to direct this shyt.

Bender Rodriguez

The Coli's Resident Mexican
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fábrica Robótica De La Madre
Why Godzilla had to be King of the Cockblockers tho? All that MUTO was tryna do was smash his girl real quick :sadcam:
Though I bet blowing his entire load down the females mouth :ahh: and knockin out for the whole night :deadmanny: must've been satisfying as fukk

What you mean Godzilla was #hardonhoes

:mjpls:

This movie was dope to me, human parts kinda dragged on but my man's came through and fukked shyt up and didnt even give a fukk about the humans. Man, dude was lazy as a muthafukka with no fukks given.
shyt was excellent.

I will say my daughter started acting up and acting bored during all the drama and behave when Gozilla was on the screen.

Still, no reason to kill Heisenberg that early, that shyt was :mindblown:

9/10 - im not even a Godzilla fan, but this shyt made me one