I saw Godzilla tonight

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
all i want to know is do they depict godzilla as a bad ass with his own agenda? :lupe:
or is he a simp for humans? :aicmon:
no simping, he doesnt care about humans. He only harms them when they in the way, but he really doesnt care.

THe whole idea is that nature takes it course and controls things. Godzilla is nature.

Also, I believe this Godzilla is a female, according to the director.
not sure about that, and it has no real barring on anything in the story

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
mastermind- Is this worth seeing in 3D or 2D is just fine?

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
The former. The idea they keep going back to is that it's an avatar of nature itself, sent to restore balance to the planet we've degraded (not literally, of course.) Also, I believe this Godzilla is a female, according to the director.

You've gone off the deep end. Trying to talk deep about godzilla? :wtf: contrarian.

Don't think I forgot about you being a gravity stan

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You've gone off the deep end. Trying to talk deep about godzilla? :wtf: contrarian

Although the later movies focused less on seriousness and even got jokey, the original 1954 movie was clearly an allegory about Japan's collective trauma following the atomic bombs. That's Godzilla 101. From wiki:

"Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka stated that, "The theme of the film, from the beginning, was the terror of the bomb. Mankind had created the bomb, and now nature was going to take revenge on mankind."[3] Director Ishirō Honda filmed Godzilla's rampage on Tokyo with the mentality that the monster's onslaught was a parallel and physical manifestation of an Atom bomb attack. He stated, "If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. But if he were equal to an atomic bomb, we wouldn't know what to do. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla."

You can call it "deep" if you want, (I don't think it's that deep... it's pretty basic and an ancient theme) but either way, this new film is a return to that more allegorical telling. There are several lines of dialogue throughout the movie that reference the idea of nature being out of balance.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Although the later movies focused less on seriousness and even got jokey, the original 1954 movie was clearly an allegory about Japan's collective trauma following the atomic bombs. That's Godzilla 101. From wiki:

"Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka stated that, "The theme of the film, from the beginning, was the terror of the bomb. Mankind had created the bomb, and now nature was going to take revenge on mankind."[3] Director Ishirō Honda filmed Godzilla's rampage on Tokyo with the mentality that the monster's onslaught was a parallel and physical manifestation of an Atom bomb attack. He stated, "If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. But if he were equal to an atomic bomb, we wouldn't know what to do. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla."

You can call it "deep" if you want, (I don't think it's that deep... it's pretty basic and an ancient theme) but either way, this new film is a return to that more allegorical telling. There are several lines of dialogue throughout the movie that reference the idea of nature being out of balance.

The original Godzilla movie even got nominated for Best Picture at the 1954 Japanese Academy Awards. It lost to Seven Samurai but it practically cleaned house that night. :obama:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
@mastermind any cameos for the goat lil zilla gawdzuki?

godzuki.gif

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A

Dog sit chow ass down. This movies about the white man's punishment for fukkin up the planet. Nature out of balance? Let's just call it what it is. The white man's chickens have come home to roost which is pretty much what every disaster film is about. Whitey reflecting on his life before disaster strikes. I hate these fukkin films.