I saw Godzilla tonight

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I wouldn't have been surprised if at the end Godzilla put his thumb up and gave a wink, then swagger walked down the main street.
Probably going to be something corny like that, with some corny ass humans standing by the seashore grinning like, Thats my destroyer of all that i know and love.
tumblr_inline_mwsqoxqe4L1r09svd.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
These are the people you call top critics. You poor idiots dont even realize what you're getting yourselves into. :mjlol: Nah this film is still trash. These ratings will be cut in in less then 2 weeks.

2352_tmb.gif

Peter Debruge
Variety
ico_topcritic_star.png
Top Critic

No previous Godzilla movie has worried much about the issue of plausibility, but it seems to be an almost crippling concern here... [but Godzilla movies] are ultimately judged by the quality of the mayhem, and Edwards excels at blowing things up.

Full Review

May 12, 2014
user.none.tmb.jpg

Chris Nashawaty
Entertainment Weekly
ico_topcritic_star.png
Top Critic

Edwards does know how to fashion some serious monster mayhem.

Full Review | Original Score: B-

May 12, 2014
2448_tmb.gif

Tom Huddleston
Time Out
ico_topcritic_star.png
Top Critic

It's always fun to watch scaly, skyscraper-sized behemoths lay waste to civilisation, but a bit more human drama would be welcome.

Full Review | Original Score: 3/5

May 12, 2014
1732_tmb.gif

James Rocchi
Film.com
ico_topcritic_star.png
Top Critic

"Godzilla" has technical prowess and computing power that the early efforts could only dream of; but by upping the effects without paying attention to the affect, "Godzilla" gains majesty and loses meaning.

Full Review | Original Score: 6.0/10

May 11, 2014
2263_tmb.gif

Alonso Duralde
The Wrap
ico_topcritic_star.png
Top Critic

Director Gareth Edwards (Monsters) gets the money shots right, but neither he nor screenwriter Max Borenstein (working from a story by David Callaham) makes the human characters interesting enough to get us through two mostly Godzilla-free acts.

Full Review
fam it's a godzilla movie

in other words..... nobody cares

you pay your money to see a big lizard fukk shyt up.. it's been that way from day one. the SECOND they started adding in this great character story, or any type of attempt at it, people would be saying..........

"but where's all the action??"

same thing they did with transformers.. which is on it's 4th movie... just show big robots fukking shyt up and the masses will be satisfied.. this isn't malcolm x

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
fam it's a godzilla movie

in other words..... nobody cares

you pay your money to see a big lizard fukk shyt up.. it's been that way from day one. the SECOND they started adding in this great character story, or any type of attempt at it, people would be saying..........

"but where's all the action??"

same thing they did with transformers.. which is on it's 4th movie... just show big robots fukking shyt up and the masses will be satisfied.. this isn't malcolm x
I fell asleep in the last transformers. Wasnt really epic enough. Was it good?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I fell asleep in the last transformers. Wasnt really epic enough. Was it good?
good enough for 8 dollars

i tell this to my mom all the time.. i'm not the type to diss you like the rest.. but you gotta know what you getting into.. my mom hates 90% of movies cause she wants her movies to be 8s and up completely.. from acting to camera work to plot to effects... and i'm like "mom.. you are going to see batman 3.. what the hell you expect"

you can't walk into transformers thinking you about to see great acting and a good plot... you go in there thinking, robots bout to fukk shyt up

you can't walk in se7en and think i'm bout to see some action... you walk in saying, i can't wait for the acting and story

it SEEMS you already thinking, well the plot and story is gonna be shytty in this movie... and the funny thing is... SO IS EVERYONE ELSE

the difference is, they accept that in exchange for shyt blowing up and a war zone.. and you seem to say well if they can't pull off all 3, then i'm not interested

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
good enough for 8 dollars

i tell this to my mom all the time.. i'm not the type to diss you like the rest.. but you gotta know what you getting into

you can't walk into transformers thinking you about to see great acting and a good plot... you go in there thinking, robots bout to fukk shyt up

you can't walk in se7en and think i'm bout to see some action... you walk in saying, i can't wait for the acting and story

it SEEMS you already thinking, well the plot and story is gonna be shytty in this movie... and the funny thing is... SO IS EVERYONE ELSE

the difference is, they accept that in exchange for shyt blowing up and a war zone.. and you seem to say well if they can't pull off all 3, then i'm not interested
My biggest concern is the film is not going to be epic in terms of action. Thats my biggest concern, especially when its revealed that Godzilla doesnt appear till the end of the film. Im just confused how epic the action or destruction is really going to be when we dont see Godzilla an i guess there is some other kind of monster fukking shyt up. The action scenes from my understanding arent very long so yea, im fukking concerned. Im scared shytless right now. I got friends going to see this trash bro :damn: People i really care about.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Can a nikka get a true Zilla FAN review? :beli: I don't give a fukk what a hater gotta say :damn:
Gutzilla?:leon:

Japanese fans deem the new Godzillatoo fat, in continued sizeism toward giant monsters
640.jpg

By Sean O'Neal

May 1, 2014 3:29 PM
While many assumed that the delayed reveal of Godzilla in the new, Americanized Godzilla trailers was just a clever marketing strategy, designed to keep you in suspense as to whether this Godzilla movie might have Godzilla in it, there may have been another explanation for the monster’s reticence. He’s just ashamed at how fat he’s gotten—a weight gain that was singled out, then immediately ridiculed by the Japanese as part of that culture’s long history of criticizing American waistlines, all because they luxuriate in eating rich foods, populations, and buildings.

“He’s so fat, I laughed,” wrote one user at Japanese forum 2ch, who’s clearly never felt the sting of sizeist comments from the people he’s crushing. “That’s what happens when all you do is eat and lay around,” wrote another, once again perpetuating hurtful stereotypes about radioactive ocean monsters.

Dozens more continued to pile on, all contributing to a culture that has created an unattainable body image our giant lizards can never reach unless they starve themselves—some eating as little as one city a day. Many more are driven to bulimia, gorging themselves on villagers just to puke them up later in a spew of shame and fire.

Even more unfairly, these Japanese fans don’t seem to take into account that the new, Americanized Godzilla is also the tallest Godzilla ever at around 350 feet, and as such his weight is perfectly healthy for his size. Also, they aren’t monster doctors, so Godzilla doesn’t have to listen to them.

Anyway, it’s possible the issue could be addressed more explicitly in a sequel, in which Mothra arrives to fat-shame Godzilla to his face, and Godzilla counters that it’s easy for him to say, because he’s a fukking moth. Flying burns tons of calories.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Gutzilla?:leon:

Japanese fans deem the new Godzilla too fat, in continued sizeism toward giant monsters
640.jpg

By Sean O'Neal

May 1, 2014 3:29 PM
While many assumed that the delayed reveal of Godzilla in the new, Americanized Godzilla trailers was just a clever marketing strategy, designed to keep you in suspense as to whether this Godzilla movie might have Godzilla in it, there may have been another explanation for the monster’s reticence. He’s just ashamed at how fat he’s gotten—a weight gain that was singled out, then immediately ridiculed by the Japanese as part of that culture’s long history of criticizing American waistlines, all because they luxuriate in eating rich foods, populations, and buildings.

“He’s so fat, I laughed,” wrote one user at Japanese forum 2ch, who’s clearly never felt the sting of sizeist comments from the people he’s crushing. “That’s what happens when all you do is eat and lay around,” wrote another, once again perpetuating hurtful stereotypes about radioactive ocean monsters.

Dozens more continued to pile on, all contributing to a culture that has created an unattainable body image our giant lizards can never reach unless they starve themselves—some eating as little as one city a day. Many more are driven to bulimia, gorging themselves on villagers just to puke them up later in a spew of shame and fire.

Even more unfairly, these Japanese fans don’t seem to take into account that the new, Americanized Godzilla is also the tallest Godzilla ever at around 350 feet, and as such his weight is perfectly healthy for his size. Also, they aren’t monster doctors, so Godzilla doesn’t have to listen to them.

Anyway, it’s possible the issue could be addressed more explicitly in a sequel, in which Mothra arrives to fat-shame Godzilla to his face, and Godzilla counters that it’s easy for him to say, because he’s a fukking moth. Flying burns tons of calories.

Japanese people are hilarious, they'll take any excuse to shyt on Americans trying to steal their national treasures. :dead:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Ok... My friend who hated Pacific Rim (because of Charlie Human acting) just saw Godzilla and said this movie was amazing. This is a kid that is worse than crakkkface because he is one of those "I took a couple film courses in school so I think I'. The shyt" types

Total film snob, loved the film

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I just got back from it. I have to leave for work in about ten minutes so I'll expand on it a lot more later tonight, but for now, let me just say that. this. movie. was. DISAPPOINTING! AS! fukk! Like unbelievably disappointing. Like it's so disappointing that I can feel pain in my heart saying that it's not even a bad movie by any means, but the wasted potential... for fukk's sake, just thinking about all the potential this movie throws in the bushes right in front of you, I can feel the pain coming again. They let us down so bad, brehs... so damn bad.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I just got back from it. I have to leave for work in about ten minutes so I'll expand on it a lot more later tonight, but for now, let me just say that. this. movie. was. DISAPPOINTING! AS! fukk! Like unbelievably disappointing. Like it's so disappointing that I can feel pain in my heart saying that it's not even a bad movie by any means, but the wasted potential... for fukk's sake, just thinking about all the potential this movie throws in the bushes right in front of you, I can feel the pain coming again. They let us down so bad, brehs... so damn bad.

you need more people.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Crackface hack your account?