25zi5i0.jpg

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That's it? :what:

This is exactly what Adonis was talking about when he was talking about making a fight with Kovalev. HBO wants to hype shyt up but doesn't want to pay anything. They gave 3 mil to Andre Ward and freaking Edwin Rodriguez. This fight they were hyping for months gets half that? :mindblown:

Exactly.

but nikkas will call Superman a duck, knowing damn well he got low balled for that fight. Both deserved at least a mil for that fight.

Hell, Ruslan made more than 500k fighting Algeiri and that wasn't a big anticipated fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
i never even thought about this to b honest
i mean i no about the lay off
but for the fight to be so close with literally everything in hagler's favour makes hagler look pretty bad
plus he was started off the fight fighting southpaw and shyt:what:
he deserved to lose and he DID lose
never saw the controversy:yeshrug:

and prime roy jones aint losiing to no one:yeshrug:

Exactly breh:salutekobe:

Alot of people forget that Marvin Hagler was a legit 160lber calling out a 147lber for years....but wouldnt even consider a catchweight:wow:

He wanted SRL to move UP 2 divisions to fight the Middleweight Champion, and SRL did....coming straight off the couch, with 35 months of ring rust on him, and beat Hagler at Hagler's weight class. That's crazy:banderas:

People try and say, "bu-bu-but it was close. I think Hagler won":to:...but it shouldnt have been close in the 1st place, that's why I used the GGG vs Floyd comparision so people can see it for what it was under today's standards.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I also heard Krusher got dropped by GGG by a body shot in sparring.
From what I heard from ggg trainer, I forget his name was that he was scared to spar ggg... and that kovalev lacks confidence... he used to be his trainer early on so he can be right on or just salty cuz he left

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I knew BHop was doomed when I saw that he was wearing them orthopedic socks.
He got dominated for 12 rounds and looked completely ineffectual. Hopefully he takes this as a sign that he should just hang em up.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
So B-Hop felt he was the smaller man. He's pretty much been fighting guys smaller then him most of his career except for Tarver, Taylor, Dawson etc. While my GOAT been fighting bigger men and continues to do so :blessed:

http://www.boxingscene.com/bernard-hopkins-felt-undersized-against-sergey-kovalev--84085

Bernard Hopkins Felt Undersized Against Sergey Kovalev
Sergey Kovalev was intelligent in the way he fought Bernard Hopkins on Saturday night, smartly using his size and employing a strategy that kept him in control throughout the bout, according to Hopkins.

“I couldn’t overpower him. I just felt like a middleweight in there, maybe a super middleweight in there, against a cruiserweight,” Hopkins said at the post-fight press conference. “I don’t know what it looked like to y’all, but I couldn’t get in the range that I wanted to get into. And the range was the length, whether it was his height, his reach, his stepping back, because he was stepping back when I wanted to engage. And that’s smart, because we are taught not to engage because your opponent want to engage. You fight when you want to fight. You make him fight when you want to fight. And that’s part of the strategy of any seasoned fighter.

“I really couldn’t get inside to do the work that I wanted to do,” Hopkins said. “I had some success, but not a lot. I had some success here and there, but it wasn’t enough to get some early rounds in the bank and get his respect to the point where he got off his game. He never got off his game. There was some excitement at the end, but he controlled it earlier more than I did.”

“He had a really good game plan,” Hopkins had said earlier in the evening, immediately after the bout. “When he got hit with some of my shots, he would sit back and wait, but he used his reach and his distance and that was his key. He has very good mechanics and patience, and because after I hit him he sat back, that would cause me to have to reset. It was hard that he stayed patient. He had a really good game plan. … He also countered his right hand over my jab. I give him a lot of respect.”

Daps
From what I heard from ggg trainer, I forget his name was that he was scared to spar ggg... and that kovalev lacks confidence... he used to be his trainer early on so he can be right on or just salty cuz he left
:stopitslime:didnt look like he lacked confidence in the bhop fight...

or when Caparello stepped on his foot, making it look like a knockdown infront of hopkins, got up and beat that ass even was throwing SRL Bolo punches..

or talking the title and soul of nathan clevery in his hometown while doing ric flair "fukk you" air thrust.:lolbron:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
So B-Hop felt he was the smaller man. He's pretty much been fighting guys smaller then him most of his career except for Tarver, Taylor, Dawson etc. While my GOAT been fighting bigger men and continues to do so :blessed:

http://www.boxingscene.com/bernard-hopkins-felt-undersized-against-sergey-kovalev--84085
That's a good point.. Most of Bernard's biggest wins have been by smaller men who went up wieght classes, Trinidad, Oscar, and even pavlik who was taller but fought in lower wieght class

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I picked Hopkins by decision of GP, but Im not surprised with the outcome. Bernard doesn't wanna make excuses about his age, and that's commendable in the sense to give Kovalev a nod and kudos to beating him fair and square.

But in the end, BHop IS 50 and Kovalev is a better boxer than many gave him credit for, he can take a punch, and is one of the few power punchers who understands his reach and uses it to his advantage.

Nothin but props to Kovalev. He's gonna reign at 175 until maybe a little someone from the Bay moves up :sas2: