• #SOGGang still #2 and there's still nothing you can do :umad:

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
O1GpgXpM_bNWV2EdzxDGRvidJ4SHpVMU66fqjS3YnhrSQdxUGg121KuD_Lvi05JR0e9bE4CihOdwR9SaF0_Ww1pMvK5sz-uA=w480-h360-nc

By a lefty so superman can have a big chance
Like I said b4 Adonis can mos def knock him the fukk out

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly breh:salutekobe:

Alot of people forget that Marvin Hagler was a legit 160lber calling out a 147lber for years....but wouldnt even consider a catchweight:wow:

He wanted SRL to move UP 2 divisions to fight the Middleweight Champion, and SRL did....coming straight off the couch, with 35 months of ring rust on him, and beat Hagler at Hagler's weight class. That's crazy:banderas:

People try and say, "bu-bu-but it was close. I think Hagler won":to:...but it shouldnt have been close in the 1st place, that's why I used the GGG vs Floyd comparision so people can see it for what it was under today's standards.

Ray Leonard fought at Light Hevyweight a year after the hagler, and he started his career at Welterweight it's not the same, he's not the same as Floyd

Ray Leonard was 31 when he fought Hagler 2 years younger than him Floyd is 38 and a small welterweight, there's no comparison

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I picked Hopkins by decision of GP, but Im not surprised with the outcome. Bernard doesn't wanna make excuses about his age, and that's commendable in the sense to give Kovalev a nod and kudos to beating him fair and square.

But in the end, BHop IS 50 and Kovalev is a better boxer than many gave him credit for, he can take a punch, and is one of the few power punchers who understands his reach and uses it to his advantage.

Nothin but props to Kovalev. He's gonna reign at 175 until maybe a little someone from the Bay moves up :sas2:

:jawalrus:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
imo kovalev needed those 12 rounds against b hop, dude has never fought in the championship rounds before Saturday night.
And that's all good....until Kovalev snapped and started hittin bhop with some :demonic: shyt in that last round

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I picked Hopkins by decision of GP, but Im not surprised with the outcome. Bernard doesn't wanna make excuses about his age, and that's commendable in the sense to give Kovalev a nod and kudos to beating him fair and square.

But in the end, BHop IS 50 and Kovalev is a better boxer than many gave him credit for, he can take a punch, and is one of the few power punchers who understands his reach and uses it to his advantage.

Nothin but props to Kovalev. He's gonna reign at 175 until maybe a little someone from the Bay moves up :sas2:

AndreWard.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So B-Hop felt he was the smaller man. He's pretty much been fighting guys smaller then him most of his career except for Tarver, Taylor, Dawson etc. While my GOAT been fighting bigger men and continues to do so :blessed:

http://www.boxingscene.com/bernard-hopkins-felt-undersized-against-sergey-kovalev--84085

This breakdown of the fight though:banderas:

“I don’t know what it looked like to y’all, but I couldn’t get in the range that I wanted to get into. And the range was the length, whether it was his height, his reach, his stepping back, because he was stepping back when I wanted to engage. And that’s smart, because we are taught not to engage because your opponent want to engage. You fight when you want to fight. You make him fight when you want to fight. And that’s part of the strategy of any seasoned fighter.

“I really couldn’t get inside to do the work that I wanted to do,” Hopkins said. “I had some success, but not a lot. I had some success here and there, but it wasn’t enough to get some early rounds in the bank and get his respect to the point where he got off his game. He never got off his game. There was some excitement at the end, but he controlled it earlier more than I did.”

“He had a really good game plan,” Hopkins had said earlier in the evening, immediately after the bout. “When he got hit with some of my shots, he would sit back and wait, but he used his reach and his distance and that was his key. He has very good mechanics and patience, and because after I hit him he sat back, that would cause me to have to reset. It was hard that he stayed patient. He had a really good game plan. … He also countered his right hand over my jab. I give him a lot of respect.”

:wow:

Bernard Hopkins should become a trainer or commentator.....or both:mjpls:

That was true as hell and I was saying that as I watching it. Kovalev is a better boxer than we gave him credit for brehs:leon:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
This breakdown of the fight though:banderas:

“I don’t know what it looked like to y’all, but I couldn’t get in the range that I wanted to get into. And the range was the length, whether it was his height, his reach, his stepping back, because he was stepping back when I wanted to engage. And that’s smart, because we are taught not to engage because your opponent want to engage. You fight when you want to fight. You make him fight when you want to fight. And that’s part of the strategy of any seasoned fighter.

“I really couldn’t get inside to do the work that I wanted to do,” Hopkins said. “I had some success, but not a lot. I had some success here and there, but it wasn’t enough to get some early rounds in the bank and get his respect to the point where he got off his game. He never got off his game. There was some excitement at the end, but he controlled it earlier more than I did.”

“He had a really good game plan,” Hopkins had said earlier in the evening, immediately after the bout. “When he got hit with some of my shots, he would sit back and wait, but he used his reach and his distance and that was his key. He has very good mechanics and patience, and because after I hit him he sat back, that would cause me to have to reset. It was hard that he stayed patient. He had a really good game plan. … He also countered his right hand over my jab. I give him a lot of respect.”

:wow:

Bernard Hopkins should become a trainer or commentator.....or both:mjpls:

That was true as hell and I was saying that as I watching it. Kovalev is a better boxer than we gave him credit for brehs:leon:

You see Jones was definitely saying before the fight that Kovalev is no Pavlik but Hopkins was saying he would beat him like Pavlik. :merchant:

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You see Jones was definitely saying before the fight that Kovalev is no Pavlik but Hopkins was saying he would beat him eat like Pavlik. :merchant:

I feel you, but Bernard Hopkins was supposed to say that. He's supposed to act as if he was gonna dominate, not act like he's second guessing himself, so I give him a pass.

Roy and B-Hop are both very knowledgable about the sport and spit truth almost everytime out

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I feel you, but Bernard Hopkins was supposed to say that. He's supposed to act as if he was gonna dominate, not act like he's second guessing himself, so I give him a pass.

Roy and B-Hop are both very knowledgable about the sport and spit truth almost everytime out

True I agree Hopkins would be a great trainer or commentator. He was pretty good the few times I heard him on ESPN Friday Night Fights a few years ago.