• Total voters

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Kovalev looked good last night and hopkins looked fukking terrible

show up to a 12 round fight and throw under 100 punches and under 25 meaningful punches brehs
Im sure that wasnt his plan but when he felt the power in round 1, he knew he would get hurt if he threw punches. .. he was just hoping to slip a power punch to ko him.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Kovalev surprised the hell out of me last night...

I thought for sure Hopkins was going to be able to control this dude by fighting behind his jab, throw a quick combo inside and hold avoiding the big power shots...Typical Hopkins shyt...

Kovalev outboxed him from the first bell, he didn't allow Hop do get off any solid punches, he was always a step ahead of him specifically with the jab...It's as if he saw some kind of flaw in Hopkins technique like Max Schmeling did with Joe Louis cuz it seemed like every time Hop was trying to throw the jab Kovalev was coming back over the top with the right hand...Naz was yelling at Hop to use his jab more but dude just couldn't get anything off...That was tough for me to watch as a Hop fan...He was thoroughly dominated...

Kovalev was also keeping back so B-Hop couldn't get off on the inside using his crafty veteran tactics during most of the fight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Either way, it's a belt, and Floyd has said before that the belt will be awarded again. Anyways, I know what belts Floyd holds; you're the one who jumped the gun and said he had 3 belts, so I thought you were talking about the diamond.

Floyd doesn't hold any diamond belt, I didn't jump the gun by saying it he has 3 belts, he has 3 belts, the WBA, WBC, and Ring titles

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
A bet is a bet I gotta pay :manny:

I like how him and black jesus fronting like they knew it would be decision though when they both said BHop would get ko'd :shaq2:
:mjpls:
All I knew was hop was gonna get his ass whooped.. i did say he would get KO'd though, and im glad I was wrong..
im also glad i dont have to see his ass on any top5 p4p lists...goof ass nikkas really thought he was #1 in the division:mjlol: Matter of fact... @SuikodenII when the next ratings update breh?? Bhop and Ward gotta go. :camby:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Im sure that wasnt his plan but when he felt the power in round 1, he knew he would get hurt if he threw punches. .. he was just hoping to slip a power punch to ko him.
:yeshrug:
this is boxing breh......the hurt business i'm a HUGE hopkins fan and was utterly disappointed

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I knew kovalev was technically sound, but I was still a bit shocked at how well he looked overall. b hop couldn't get NOTHING going. damn near everytime b hop took a risk he took 2-3 hard counters in return. kovalev's accuracy and timing was on point. for a tall guy he's really good at keeping his punches short and compact...not to mention his defense looked great too. I really think kovalev was carrying b hop last night out of respect. him attempting to fist bump b hop after the first round was a giveaway. kovalev was really out there toyin with b hop....had the feeling of a sparring session. crazy to see cause is usually b hop is the one giving out those boxing lessons. kov was showing b hop a lot of respect, but after b hop stuck his tongue out at him, he just went nuts and starting beating the hell out of him. kovalev really is a complete fighter. ward gonnna have to step up sooner or later...it's startin to look unavoidable.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Once hopkins felt kovlevs power, he didn't want to take any chances. Thats why he covered up and threw few punches the whole night. This dude survived all 12 rounds so he definitely deserves props for that, especially after eating some heavy shots and then giving some back. But, Kovlev essentially neutered him early in the fight and for the rest of the night. Hopkin didn't want to get into a scrap with dude.

Also that Ali vs abregu fight turned into a nice scrap after a first few boring rounds. Those straights that sadam kept throwing were beautiful. Especially the one right before the end of the fight. I'm sure Abregu went black for a few seconds from that one. He stumbled around for a bit but was like "shyt I can't weather that one :huhldup:" and sat down :wow:

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Hopkins courage :wow:

1690481_10154838402800354_4210262054615423099_n.jpg

That's my GOAT :mjcry:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
SRR and Hagler?
SRR retired the year my Mom was born and my Dad was 2 years old. I don't count you as I fighter I've seen, if you retired before I was even alive:heh:

Would I take Prime Roy Jones Jr over Marvin Hagler at 160 though? Yes.

I think Roy Jones, who was bigger/faster/stronger/more unorthodox than SRL, would beat Hagler clearly.

If SRL, who wasn't a Middleweight, could move up to Middleweight and fight Hagler (with 35 months of ring rust) and beat him, Prime RJJ would win that fight clearly and by UD imo