Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
roy kinda mad right now that it's not him in the ring standing like that in his 40s :sas2:

Roy will always have the edge and be better overall. When Hopkins goes up to CW or HW and wins a title then he could finally be an equal but until then. The GOAT of RJJ still got it on lock. :blessed:

Roy Jones, Jr is an American boxer and as a professional he has captured numerous championships in the Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight and Heavyweight divisions.

He is the only boxer in history to start his career as a junior middleweight, and go on to win a heavyweight title. He is also noted for holding the WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO, NABF, WBF, and IBA light heavyweight championships (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion); a record seven belts at the same time. Jones left his mark in history books when he captured the WBA heavyweight title, becoming the first former middleweight champion to win a Heavyweight title in 106 years. As one of the best pound for pound boxers of all time, Jones is also acknowledged as being one of the most physically gifted athletes in the history of the sport.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Roy will always have the edge and be better overall. When Hopkins goes up to CW or HW and wins a title then he could finally be an equal but until then. The GOAT of RJJ still got it on lock. :blessed:

The best fighter I've ever seen:ohlawd:

Nobody from 154-175, in history, would I take over prime Roy Jones Jr:banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
RING Championship is not a legitimate title.

You cannot be the " RING" Champion without owning one of the 4 Major Titles first (WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO), and you cannot defend the "RING Championship" independently either. They could not schedule or enforce mandatory defenses nor do they collect sanction fees, so they are not a championship like the 4 mentioned above.

Floyd and Danny Garcia hold only 2 belts in their divisions. Kovalev and Klitschko hold 3.

Jack Dempsey was the first heavyweight Ring Champion in 1926, 60 years before the IBF existed and it's not a legit title lol

Ring title holds more weight than IBF and WBO combined man

The ring is the lineal title for a division, you have to beat the man to be the man that's how get that belt, that's why the belt was made in the first place

why does sanctioning fees have to do with anything, boxing historians always regarded the ring belt as the lineal belt, because most critiize the sanctioning bodies

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
kovalev reminds me of mike mccallum a lot. they like to stalk behind that long jab and steal you with a lot of little shots. thats a different kind of pressure. its a patient kind of pressure. steal you with a lot little shots and just watch you. poke a lot of holes in you and create openings for the big shots.

hopkins wasnt jabbing with kovalev and kovalev hurt hopkins a few times with the jab, counter jab, counter right hand. richardson kept asking hopkins for the jab " i need you to pop that chain" but that kovalev right hand over the top of hopkins counter jab stopped hopkins from jabbing with kovalev how richardson really wanted him to which is what the counter right hand over the top of a counter jab you are creating off your jabs will do

D1Jt8cd.gif

the fight that people should be asking for right now is kovalev vs ward. that might be the best fight in boxing right now.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Just rewatched on hbo.

Sergey did a great job at countering over bernards jab... on one he knocked him down but bernard still went wuty the jab cautiously but almost got drop agian from the counter... all bernard had to work with was that right hand.

I realky wish bernard retires, he is nkt a alien and his health can be in jeopardy.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Kovalev looked awesome last night. He did exactly what you're supposed to do against Hopkins. I thought Kovalev was just another one dimensional puncher. He proved me wrong and showed more sides to his game. His defense as far as squaring up or backing straight up in exchanges is still his only real flaw. Bernard made him pay for that, but he never tried to truly take advantage of it.

Sergey impressed me though. Good job of countering and pressuring. Ali looked good too. That was a star making performance he had against Abregu.

I'd still pick :cape:to beat Krusher, but I know he'd definitely be the underdog in that fight.

:mjlol: at Roy calling Hopkins a c00n, and how he was constantly defending him last night when he was getting his ass kicked.
:russ: at the 1st round knock down.

:scust::huhldup: at the 12th rd shellacking. Most one-sided 12th round since Adamek/Glazkov or Bute/Pascal.

:mjcry: at Hopkins finally giving somebody credit for beating him in the post fight interview.

:blessed: at ending the cold war

:sas1: at me still having him ahead of Floyd on the all time great rankings.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
kovalev reminds me of mike mccallum a lot. they like to stalk behind that long jab and steal you with a lot of little shots. thats a different kind of pressure. its a patient kind of pressure. steal you with a lot little shots and just watch you. poke a lot of holes in you and create openings for the big shots.

hopkins wasnt jabbing with kovalev and kovalev hurt hopkins a few times with the jab, counter jab, counter right hand. richardson kept asking hopkins for the jab " i need you to pop that chain" but that kovalev right hand over the top of hopkins counter jab stopped hopkins from jabbing with kovalev how richardson really wanted him to which is what the counter right hand over the top of a counter jab you are creating off your jabs will do

D1Jt8cd.gif

the fight that people should be asking for right now is kovalev vs ward. that might be the best fight in boxing right now.
Kovalev beats the ever loving shyt out of Ward.....Its a reason Ward ducked this match.....Ward does nothing better than Bhop at all aside form being a little quicker

Bhop couldnt people the trigger last night, even in warm ups he appeared dry and was trying to shake his arms loose, after he tasted the first right which caught him on the top of the head and threw his equilibrium off he lost his confidence......No jabs, no feints, no dancing/ wizardry with the footwork, Bhop looked his age tonight but Kovalev gets all the credit for making the old man look that way..........Bhop actually look like a MW in the ring tonight, too smalll for that size reach, length and power.................

I would like to see Kovalev fight Ward but he will duck as will Stevenson..........So that leaves no one really, so on that note maybe he should move up, I would love to see a match with a old Roy, Bhop was never a accurate puncher his shots are loopy and most of his work consist of rough housing, a fighter with blinding speed, power and accuracy maybe able to crack Kovalev chin which isn't granite, BHOP rarely hurts and buzz people and he did a few times in this match, I would love to see Kovalev sit in Roy's face with his chin in the air and don't expect a vicious straight left hook combo........

No hate though white boy got serious technical skills Bhop said the same thing I was saying while watching; I just wish he could have finished Bhop off or the ref jumped in, the old fighter will take standing tall to that as a moral victory, and later become bitter an defiant and want another go at him or more fights...........

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
the WBC Diamond Belt isn't a real belt its just a tribute to the fight, its not something that can be defended

Floyd holds the real WBC belt at 147 and 154, as well as the WBA super championship, and the ring title
Either way, it's a belt, and Floyd has said before that the belt will be awarded again. Anyways, I know what belts Floyd holds; you're the one who jumped the gun and said he had 3 belts, so I thought you were talking about the diamond.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

Definitely a fight I would want to see hopefully Ward with his current promoter can make it happen and no BS catch weights either fight for the 175 titles.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Kovalev looked good last night and hopkins looked fukking terrible

show up to a 12 round fight and throw under 100 punches and under 25 meaningful punches brehs

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Kovalev surprised the hell out of me last night...

I thought for sure Hopkins was going to be able to control this dude by fighting behind his jab, throw a quick combo inside and hold avoiding the big power shots...Typical Hopkins shyt...

Kovalev outboxed him from the first bell, he didn't allow Hop do get off any solid punches, he was always a step ahead of him specifically with the jab...It's as if he saw some kind of flaw in Hopkins technique like Max Schmeling did with Joe Louis cuz it seemed like every time Hop was trying to throw the jab Kovalev was coming back over the top with the right hand...Naz was yelling at Hop to use his jab more but dude just couldn't get anything off...That was tough for me to watch as a Hop fan...He was thoroughly dominated...