I REALLY Wish More Black People Understood What This Election Is About

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he didn't say shyt.

To me he did. Not even a shot at you but knowing your local government officials is just as if not more important than what's going on at the federal level.

However, I do understand your point and the election extends way beyond just trying to keep a (half) black man in office.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People only got into politics because Obama was becoming president. And every rapper was rocking those tacky vote or die t shirts. You knew it was a shame during the midterm elections. Barely any black faces to vote for and no p diddy, jayz or 50 cent to tell them to vote. Those mid term elections pretty much doomed any initiative Obeezy tried to pass.

dont believe the hype. when obeezy had all those dems in there with him. the stupid dems still didnt pass much. why not? because unlike the repubs the dems do have a mind of their own. but the problem with that when you're dealing with the repub machine is that you have to use group think to combat group think. meaning get behind obama on darn near everything for a time atleast to wash down that repub crazy talk.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont believe the hype. when obeezy had all those dems in there with him. the stupid dems still didnt pass much. why not? because unlike the repubs the dems do have a mind of their own. but the problem with that when you're dealing with the repub machine is that you have to use group think to combat group think. meaning get behind obama on darn near everything for a time atleast to wash down that repub crazy talk.

it was the "blue dogs," the so-called moderates. there are gradations of dems, from more conservative reagan dems to the kennedy liberals. unsurprisingly, the blue dogs exist in those districts that are the whitest.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of these guys are the answer. And don't get me wrong I like Obama the person, he's got great personality, lots of charisma, beautiful family, seems like a genuine good guy. But it's not about personality, its about their actions here and abroad..if Romney winning this fall is what opens the floodgates for what has already been decided will happen, then so be it.

Unemployment went up for black folk under Obama, and the OP is acting like he's some sort of black savior. :snoop: nikkas need to stop looking to politicians for solutions and start doing for themselves. Only color that really counts is green at the end of the day.

No matter who you vote for the government will always win. The President is just a figure head, like Queen Elizabeth, Dan Quayle, Colonel Sanders.

Irony is the op doesnt realize it dont matter whos in office dems or rethugs...you getting the same shyt..they high fivin each other and sippin champagne behind closed doors while you sink in debt....

When has anything government related ever truly helped black people? I'm asking this out of pure ignorance of the subject. All I know is my enemy and who needs to die for us to truly live in peace. Before you nikkas get started, yes it is all about BLACK PEOPLE... We are the most hated and discriminated against in this country, even the illegal immigrants don't like us. nikkas ain't never had jobs either, it's always been a recession for black people. nikkas ain't never had decent schools to go to that promote a decent learning environment. Health care??? It seems anything politically related is to really help the down on his/her luck white.

:ufdup:

Smart stupidity here.

These comments seem completely asinine if you take just a moment to observe the world around you.

Sure, when it comes to banks and war, you're probably gonna get really similar shyt from both parties.

But on other domestic issues, this just isn't the case.

Who got hurt pretty badly when Republicans decided government spending and jobs needed to be pared back? :mjpls:

Who's vote have Republicans been trying to suppress in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida? :mjpls:

Who's kids will be the most fukked up if we don't continue to invest in public education and make college affordable? :mjpls:

I swear, you guys are going to wake up one day and be like :sadcam: "maybe that election shyt did matter".

Affirmative action will be gone for public universities...no one will give a fukk whether or not your ancestors were allowed to read or go to school. We'll all be treated "fairly" now. :troll:

This will trickle into the private sector. The number of companies/universities trying to make an effort to bring URMs on board will fall off. I guarantee this will happen if government support for similar programs falls off.

Black second-class citizenship will be cemented. Winners have won and losers have lost. It doesn't matter if Todd McCac's family made its fortune from slavery, Todd's going to look you dead in the face and tell you it's not right for the government to touch his money. :beli:

Wake up.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
:ufdup:

Smart stupidity here.

These comments seem completely asinine if you take just a moment to observe the world around you.

Sure, when it comes to banks and war, you're probably gonna get really similar shyt from both parties.

But on other domestic issues, this just isn't the case.

Who got hurt pretty badly when Republicans decided government spending and jobs needed to be pared back? :mjpls:

Who's vote have Republicans been trying to suppress in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida? :mjpls:

Who's kids will be the most fukked up if we don't continue to invest in public education and make college affordable? :mjpls:

I swear, you guys are going to wake up one day and be like :sadcam: "maybe that election shyt did matter".

Affirmative action will be gone for public universities...no one will give a fukk whether or not your ancestors were allowed to read or go to school. We'll all be treated "fairly" now. :troll:

This will trickle into the private sector. The number of companies/universities trying to make an effort to bring URMs on board will fall off. I guarantee this will happen if government support for similar programs falls off.

Black second-class citizenship will be cemented. Winners have won and losers have lost. It doesn't matter if Todd McCac's family made its fortune from slavery, Todd's going to look you dead in the face and tell you it's not right for the government to touch his money. :beli:

Wake up.

Thats what happens when you living somewhere you dont belong