I own a Switch and PS4. Only Zelda & Mario quench my thirst. The rest on both so far inc RDR2. Nahhh

Daps
Reppin
BOTW was an amazing game but the weapon durability system and lack of any legit dungeons killed it. :yeshrug:Best Zelda game is still a Link to the Past :mjlit:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I fukking love this video. It highlights why this game is so genius. It encourages creativity and critical thinking. Folks here want that hand holding bullshyt and following predetermined steps to beat a level (i.e.: "You have to do it THIS WAY. No other way!") like many other games.

??
:mjlol: This wasn't the first game to offer multiple ways to accomplish objectives and it won't be the last.

And at the end of it you get 1 spirit orb, 1 out of 120. You get this one, it doesn't matter just like if you don't get it. You can go to 119 other locations, all with the same basic music and the exact same basic look and the same basic cutscene when you finish. Fact that they couldn't combine these concepts into some actual levels is what I mean by this game feels a lot like a demo.

Look at how many different ways you can kill these Lizalfos!! :gladbron:
And what's your reward? Another breakable item that you can use in your next battle where there you can get ... yet another breakable item. Repeat to infinity.
Amazing. :gladbron:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
??
:mjlol: This wasn't the first game to offer multiple ways to accomplish objectives and it won't be the last.

And at the end of it you get 1 spirit orb, 1 out of 120. You get this one, it doesn't matter just like if you don't get it. You can go to 119 other locations, all with the same basic music and the exact same basic look and the same basic cutscene when you finish. Fact that they couldn't combine these concepts into some actual levels is what I mean by this game feels a lot like a demo.

Look at how many different ways you can kill these Lizalfos!! :gladbron:
And what's your reward? Another breakable item that you can use in your next battle where there you can get ... yet another breakable item. Repeat to infinity.
Amazing. :gladbron:
BotW doesn't offer multiple ways to accomplish an objective :rudy: First of all the player creates his own objectives to finish the main quest (kill Ganon). And it's totally different than a game like, let's say Deus Ex, that offers you several pathes carefully crafted by the devs to accomplish the goal they also gave you. What BotW did is create a system with rules and codes that you can play with to create your own paths and adventure. Your only limit is your imagination and how deep the system is (it is deep).

Moreover, in the same way hedonism will never bring happiness down the run, rewards-based systems are doomed to come short down the run (ie The Witcher 3).

BotW took the bet to get out of this way of thinking and to simply propose enjoyable experiences.

My two cents don't attack me yall :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
Edited post as with RDR2 locked and loaded and a desperate attempt to get into Last Of Us more (which is boring as hell) ... I am back finding more easter eggs trying to get 999 moons in Mario Odyssey.

Man.. they should do a DLC...

On an OLED Mario is just beautiful btw.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Edited post as with RDR2 locked and loaded and a desperate attempt to get into Last Of Us more (which is boring as hell) ... I am back finding more easter eggs trying to get 999 moons in Mario Odyssey.

Man.. they should do a DLC...

On an OLED Mario is just beautiful btw.
What was the previous thread title?

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I’m not a Nintendo fan but I might have to give this a try some day

If you think about the essence of what computer games are: Fun, an escape and a bit of mental stimulation. Nobody does it better than Nintendo on a good day.

& Nintendo have made some clangers over the recent years.. but trust me, This gens Mario and Zelda are timeless. Nothing comes close on the other consoles.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you think about the essence of what computer games are: Fun, an escape and a bit of mental stimulation. Nobody does it better than Nintendo on a good day.

& Nintendo have made some clangers over the recent years.. but trust me, This gens Mario and Zelda are timeless. Nothing comes close on the other consoles.
Well my favorite game of all time is Shadow of the Colossus. Mainly because it was an epic scaled, open world puzzle/action game.

When I saw the clips, BOTW reminded me of that to a lesser extent. I might check it some day