I own a Switch and PS4. Only Zelda & Mario quench my thirst. The rest on both so far inc RDR2. Nahhh

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
PS4 is filled with empty graphic tour de forces. I can't even play them. If it wasn't for my kids I would have sold it a while back. I might get rid of it anyways. I have 3 Switches and that takes up 90% of our gaming time now.
:salute: love playing switch with my fam, esp when the nieces are up..they dont even touch the ps4

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Please recommend me some games. After being underwhelmed with GOW and Horizon, i lost intrest.

Depends on the kind of games you like. A lot of people focus on the AAA games when there are a lot of overlooked gems.

If you liked the old school RPGs then try the Tales series (Tales of Berseria or Zestiria). The art style shouldn't bother you since you like Nintendo games.
If you liked Hyrule Warriors then try One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. This is a must buy for One Piece fans
If you were a fan of old school beat em ups then try one of the Yakuza games
If you like open world games then try Infamous First Light. Pass on second son, this stand alone DLC is way better than it even though it's shorter.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Depends on the kind of games you like. A lot of people focus on the AAA games when there are a lot of overlooked gems.

If you liked the old school RPGs then try the Tales series (Tales of Berseria or Zestiria). The art style shouldn't bother you since you like Nintendo games.
If you liked Hyrule Warriors then try One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. This is a must buy for One Piece fans
If you were a fan of old school beat em ups then try one of the Yakuza games
If you like open world games then try Infamous First Light. Pass on second son, this stand alone DLC is way better than it even though it's shorter.

Wow, a reasonable PS4 fan. Thanks.

I'll check those games out. Thanks for the drop.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave up gaming for a long time but grew up with the NES, SNES, Mega drive.. Saturn, Dreamcast, N64... then had the PS.. I was never biased.
From Shenmue, Panzer Saga to Mario, Sonic, Zelda..

Trationally it's worth pointing out that I am a Street Fighter player ... Which is what brought me back in. I had an XBox 360 with just SF4 then bought the PS4 for just SF5.

However wanted to get immersed for a few months and needed games that would literally make me think "phatmack - chill and stay in on a weekend ... Don't go out drink, party, travel and be surrounded by beautiful women"

I then bought and played God Of War, Yakuza 0, The Last Of Us, Mario Odyssey & Zelda BOTW extensively.

& Only Zelda has only been able to keep me inside.
Nothing touches that freedom .. I don't even think it's close.

In fact I recommend that everybody forgets graphics, CGI and Gore and plays this in their lifetime.

My ratings for what they are worth:

Zelda - 10
Mario - 9
GoW - 7
Last Of Us - 7
Yakuza 0 - 7

I will say that the PS4 graphically and presentation wise is a far better console than the nintendo switch..

Phatmack.

Bloodborne
Nier: Automata

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
BOTW is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It doesn't hold your hand and all the little mechanisms and gameplay mechanics come together so perfectly. If I had to take just one game with me on a deserted island that might just be the one.

LOL @ the ratings of the games on that list in the OP. SMH.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I gave up gaming for a long time but grew up with the NES, SNES, Mega drive.. Saturn, Dreamcast, N64... then had the PS.. I was never biased.
From Shenmue, Panzer Saga to Mario, Sonic, Zelda..

Trationally it's worth pointing out that I am a Street Fighter player ... Which is what brought me back in. I had an XBox 360 with just SF4 then bought the PS4 for just SF5.

However wanted to get immersed for a few months and needed games that would literally make me think "phatmack - chill and stay in on a weekend ... Don't go out drink, party, travel and be surrounded by beautiful women"

I then bought and played God Of War, Yakuza 0, The Last Of Us, Mario Odyssey & Zelda BOTW extensively.

& Only Zelda has only been able to keep me inside.
Nothing touches that freedom .. I don't even think it's close.

In fact I recommend that everybody forgets graphics, CGI and Gore and plays this in their lifetime.

My ratings for what they are worth:

Zelda - 10
Mario - 9
GoW - 7
Last Of Us - 7
Yakuza 0 - 7

I will say that the PS4 graphically and presentation wise is a far better console than the nintendo switch..

Phatmack.
You should have bought an Xbox One X. It has the best graphics and is backwards compatible all the way to the OG Xbox.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm worried that the next Zelda game will be like 5 years from now or some shyt. Hope not.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The thing about BotW is that it only gets as good as your imagination let it be. If you're not a "curious" player you won't have the same experience because you won't play with the game's mechanics and discover how far you can go with it.

I literally discover new shyt everytime I watch a video of the game on some "damn :ohhh: never thought about that". On the other hand
I've never seen someone else use the blue Chuchu items as grenades and fire bombs. You have to convert them into fire element by using a source of fire, and then you can throw them towards enemies and detonate them with arrows. Same thing with electricity and ice.

That's the literal definition of a sandbox game.

The best adventures are the one you create and BotW pushed that concept to unprecedented levels.