I own a Switch and PS4. Only Zelda & Mario quench my thirst. The rest on both so far inc RDR2. Nahhh

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I gave up gaming for a long time but grew up with the NES, SNES, Mega drive.. Saturn, Dreamcast, N64... then had the PS.. I was never biased.
From Shenmue, Panzer Saga to Mario, Sonic, Zelda..

Trationally it's worth pointing out that I am a Street Fighter player ... Which is what brought me back in. I had an XBox 360 with just SF4 then bought the PS4 for just SF5.

However wanted to get immersed for a few months and needed games that would literally make me think "phatmack - chill and stay in on a weekend ... Don't go out drink, party, travel and be surrounded by beautiful women"

I then bought and played God Of War, Yakuza 0, The Last Of Us, Mario Odyssey & Zelda BOTW extensively. (Edit Nov 2018 - RDR2)

& Only Zelda & Mario have been able to keep me inside.
Nothing touches that freedom .. I don't even think it's close.
And Yes RDR2 is beautiful but it's all been done.... It doesn't have the charm of Zelda and it's not even close & hell ... It's more fun getting a moon in Mario than doing a structured side quest in RDR2.

In fact I recommend that everybody forgets graphics, CGI and Gore and plays both of those Nintendo games in their lifetime.

My ratings for what they are worth:

Zelda - 10
Mario - 9.5
RDR2 - 9
GoW - 8
Last Of Us - 5
Yakuza 0 - 5

I will say that the PS4 graphically and presentation wise is a far better console than the nintendo switch..

Phatmack.

Last edited:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Compare an adventure, role-playing game in an open world fantasy setting, in the same vein as Skyrim, Witcher and then compare to games not of that nature. Of everything you mentioned God of War comes closest and its has a structured narrative focus. If you wanted a mindless let me sit, immerse myself and zone out.

Horizon
The Witcher
Deus Ex
Uncharted
Dragons Dogma
Metal Gear
Skyrim
Dragon Age Inqusition
Second Son
Red Dead Redemption
Shadow of War

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
BOTW is a really dope game, top 3 Zelda of all time. With that in mind, the game is somewhat boring at times. Keep in mind I've only beat one of the Divine beasts so far, but I'm not liking the limited enemy variety so far. Maybe it will change?

I will say, last year I thought BOTW was the GOTY, but I really think Horizon is better.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finished BOTW and I think it was a good game but ehh.. The overworld being so large and barren and the structure of the main "dungeons" took it down a few notches imo. It's still a great game but It ain't what I like in Zelda games. I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Compare an adventure, role-playing game in an open world fantasy setting, in the same vein as Skyrim, Witcher and then compare to games not of that nature. Of everything you mentioned God of War comes closest and its has a structured narrative focus. If you wanted a mindless let me sit, immerse myself and zone out.

Horizon
The Witcher
Deus Ex
Uncharted
Dragons Dogma
Metal Gear
Skyrim
Dragon Age Inqusition
Second Son
Red Dead Redemption
Shadow of War

:mjlol:Nintendo stay losing in the 3rd party market and with real gamers. I haven't owned a Ltendo paperweight console since the gamecube before they sold out to casuals

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

Horizon
The Witcher
Deus Ex
Uncharted
Dragons Dogma
Metal Gear
Skyrim
Dragon Age Inqusition
Second Son
Red Dead Redemption
Shadow of War

You pouring jelly on yourself if you don't play this game OP. You can get it and all DLC for $30. I loved BOTW and am a diehard Nintendo fan...but it doesn't hold a candle to the Witcher.