mj-laughing.gif

including your "nappy" headed mammy.

mj-laughing.gif

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
by loving our culture and our women.

Instead of looking down on each other for our faults we need to get together and start new. Unity is the key.

nuts and berries bullshyt :childplease:

you think 'loving our culture and women' matters when the girls/women in your family still get their beauty ques from white owned magazines, blogs, and tv networks?

:bryan: you're going to find out whose opinion really matters to them one day

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
nuts and berries bullshyt :childplease:

you think 'loving our culture and women' matters when the girls/women in your family still get their beauty ques from white owned magazines, blogs, and tv networks?

:bryan: you're going to find out whose opinion really matters to them one day

Yes, cause regardless of what you may think, women do that for us. Countless of times I seen my mom ask my dad opinion on what he thinks looks good on her. If pops was on that natural/culture tip then Im sure my mom would be also.

Im pretty sure ya girl would ask you what type of style of hair she should try before she do it right?

Gotta stop putting the blame on each other and pointing the finger at who's doing what. Youre acting like we have always been like this, like slavery and colonization isnt to blame for our current state.

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
Are you willing to sit here and not admit black women are the biggest weave buyers in america?
1 billion dollar industry. The korean hair industry is rich because of hairhat wearers
I don't agree with that, at all. Women of all races wear weave/wigs. No industry depends predominantly on blacks.

The media :manny:

We been conditioned to only like what is deem pretty by Europeans standards. Thats why every time you look on tv you dont usually see black women rocking naturally hair, its usually permed or weave.

I was like what until I woke up and started loving my queens that rep what they was born with and do the damn thing :ohlawd:

too bad other men arent really supporting the natural movement
:obama: Will, I appreciate you as a poster more and more each day.

i partially agree but how do we do that exactly?
The same way you expect women to wake up and suddenly embrace themselves. For black men to say black women hate themselves and then talk about nappy/good hair is a contradiction, that is also self hate IMO.

I found my beauty standards at home, so I can't tell everyone else how to do it. But I'd start by finding beauty in natural black features and not comparing black women to other races.

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps

I don't agree with that, at all. Women of all races wear weave/wigs. No industry depends predominantly on blacks.

:obama: Will, I appreciate you as a poster more and more each day.

The same way you expect women to wake up and suddenly embrace themselves. For black men to say black women hate themselves and then talk about nappy/good hair is a contradiction, that is also self hate IMO.

I found my beauty standards at home, so I can't tell everyone else how to do it. But I'd start by finding beauty in natural black features and not comparing black women to other races.

:salute: just trying to make a difference

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
We only push when we are push its natural.

Instead of pushing eachother, how about a hug?

As I said I never really seen this rip between black men and women in person, but now that I have been exposed to youtube, bloggers etc, i see it but on a much smaller scale then what others would. We just all need to stop and see it for what it is.

if a black woman tell me she hates black men, I'll hit her with well I love all black women. When she throw misguided hate, hit her with a guided love and vice versa for men. At the end of the day its usually misguided angry and hate but with good reason. Just look at what we have been through :yeshrug:

Stop all the fighting and just :hug:, from there we can build something stronger and better. A family :obama:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, cause regardless of what you may think, women do that for us. Countless of times I seen my mom ask my dad opinion on what he thinks looks good on her. If pops was on that natural/culture tip then Im sure my mom would be also.

Im pretty sure ya girl would ask you what type of style of hair she should try before she do it right?

Gotta stop putting the blame on each other and pointing the finger at who's doing what. Youre acting like we have always been like this, like slavery and colonization isnt to blame for our current state.

so by this, i assume she's not on the 'nautural/cultural' tip? your point aint working for me though. you can use your parents as an example but most women in our generation aren't going to ditch weave just because their bf gives their opinion on it.

and yeah, girls always want their bfs opinion on clothes and hair. does that mean the girl no longer subscribes to beauty standards set by other races? this is where money and power comes into play, friend. we need to have more control over entertainment our women (and community as a whole) feeds into.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
so by this, i assume she's not on the 'nautural/cultural' tip? your point aint working for me though. you can use your parents as an example but most women in our generation aren't going to ditch weave just because their bf gives their opinion on it.

and yeah, girls always want their bfs opinion on clothes and hair. does that mean the girl no longer subscribes to beauty standards set by other races? this is where money and power comes into play, friend. we need to have more control over entertainment our women (and community as a whole) feeds into.
U dont think nikkas like @ChrisB. and the OP are part of the problem too?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U dont think nikkas like @ChrisB. and the OP are part of the problem too?

:yeshrug:

are they a big part of the problem? i don't see what's wrong with OPs original post either. how are you going to dictate how another men should feel about the hair he's attracted to? you married a white chick, man, you probably enjoy it over black hair texture as well. :comeon:

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps

Nope mom is too old to change :beli:

As far as our generation I think youre wrong. The natural hair tip is a power movement and if you was to show her the potential and benefits of natural hair then she will turn. Most of our women don't know how to support and take care of their hair and its a billions of reasons on why but thats another story.

Also as we both know the media played a huge part in destroying what lil cultural we had by poking fun at it and making it the butt of jokes in which we adopted, napps, nappy head hoes etc so of course they dont wanna embrace it but we just have to inform them about it.

I wasnt always on this thought process, till this day Im still being deprogrammed and Im not ashamed to admit it. Basically what Im saying is I was informed and awakened to see how shyt really is. We all need to do the same and tell each other.