I May Destroy You (Season 1 Discussion Thread)

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This show is actually damn good. Been watching the whole way and I think it's getting progressively stronger by the episode. Tonight's episode the best one of the series so far...

fukked up how the white girl tried to frame the young brother for rape, and salute to his friends for being willing to jump out there to save him. Dont know how it is in UK but over here young boy life woulda been in serious trouble with a white girl at school in 2004 saying he raped her...

Also a good thought exercise in guys recording women against their consent. Doesn't give the white chick the right to cry rape though, and I hope Bella uncovers this sinister bytch later on, because she was apologetic and sympathetic to her in this episode...

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:dwillhuh: I don't even know what this show is about anymore

This episode was amazing but seems like complete filler in relation to what I thought was the main storyline. My girl claims the main storyline isn't about any of the characters, but about consent and assault itself, and this episode was right in line with everything

Whole show is one big gray area clusterfukk :gucci:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"I'm here to learn how to avoid being raped. There must be some way. Cause if not that means someone could jump out of a bush and do it again. I don't know what kinda world that would be." :wow:

This sista is killing it.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
EPISODE fukkING 6!!!!:sadcam::sadcam:

from the Towers, to the rape, to white women rape accusations throughout history, poor Cacs racism, sexually immature, emotionally immaturity - that shyt was heavy!:mjcry:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
:dwillhuh: I don't even know what this show is about anymore

This episode was amazing but seems like complete filler in relation to what I thought was the main storyline. My girl claims the main storyline isn't about any of the characters, but about consent and assault itself, and this episode was right in line with everything

Whole show is one big gray area clusterfukk :gucci:

This is the exact focus of the show. It's not like an usual friendship young adult show

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
This is the exact focus of the show. It's not like an usual friendship young adult show
Understanding that now paints the first couple episodes in a different light as far as the scumbag homie/girlfriend/side chick storyline goes. I been waiting for that to pay off but maybe it was just all about their flawed communication and how that dishonesty makes the whole thing non-consensual :ohhh:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
The show is fukking good..minus the men on men shyt..

The writing is good.. I'm on EP 6

I'm enjoying this shyt, I never knew about the rape situation

"Taking a condom off without her consent" can be crime..

Never knew that..I never did it either.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
EPISODE fukkING 6!!!!:sadcam::sadcam:

from the Towers, to the rape, to white women rape accusations throughout history, poor Cacs racism, sexually immature, emotionally immaturity - that shyt was heavy!:mjcry:

She named her group "The Alliance" which was from the high school situation that Terry and them were all clicked in..

This shyt is heavy, The writing is great..

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

In the beginning (and I may be wrong) but when Terry asked ole girl who was she talking to, ole girl responded saying she was a part of this group but she never said the name of the group. (maybe she did) but she did mention the white girl's name, which triggered Terry a bit.

In the beginning of the show, ole girl was texting in her phone "The Alliance"...

When they were in HS, Terry was screaming out the name

shyt is heavy

• Dap
Reactions: Dad