I May Destroy You (Season 1 Discussion Thread)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
CHEWING GUM was great.
It was my second time seeing Michaela Coel (the first was on the UK series THE ALIENS) and the moment when I realized she was a special talent.
I MAY DESTROY YOU just cements that opinion.

I dsagree. I thought chewing gum was OK.

I find this much better as it's darker and more serious.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, her body is so fukking nice. Yeesh.:noah:
It took a podcast for her to realize what dude did to her but I'm glad she wised up and aired him out.
Dude was serial with it too. :smh:

The duality of Arabella's rape report and Kwame's was jarring. One of the many reasons why men don't report sexual assaults.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Brehs, her body is so fukking nice. Yeesh.:noah:
It took a podcast for her to realize what dude did to her but I'm glad she wised up and aired him out.
Dude was serial with it too. :smh:

The duality of Arabella's rape report and Kwame's was jarring. One of the many reasons why men don't report sexual assaults.

These are facts. When she was doing yoga in her bra and panties, I was like :takedat:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
This video breaks it down pretty well @ around 14min mark.

:patrice:I had a big argument with my girl and this video kinda makes my point for me. They slick did her a favor. It's "the wildest thing she's ever done" in her life according to the answer she gave at the interview. It was manipulative as hell, yes, but it's fukked up to classify that as rape to me. There has to be a difference between something consensual in the moment and something that's not. That undermines incidents like Arabella's and Kwame's. I can't understand how feeling like you got played after the fact equates to that :ld:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
watching ep.5 now and...

giphy.gif

:gladbron:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
:patrice:I had a big argument with my girl and this video kinda makes my point for me. They slick did her a favor. It's "the wildest thing she's ever done" in her life according to the answer she gave at the interview. It was manipulative as hell, yes, but it's fukked up to classify that as rape to me. There has to be a difference between something consensual in the moment and something that's not. That undermines incidents like Arabella's and Kwame's. I can't understand how feeling like you got played after the fact equates to that :ld:

At this point any sort of deception or manipulation could be considered close to assault. I think the idea is that if ol girl knew these dudes had planned this, she might not have decided to roll with it.

In the past ppl would just call it running game but times are changing....shyt dont really fly anymore

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
At this point any sort of deception or manipulation could be considered close to assault. I think the idea is that if ol girl knew these dudes had planned this, she might not have decided to roll with it.

In the past ppl would just call it running game but times are changing....shyt dont really fly anymore
Where is the line drawn on that tho? If I meet a girl and I told her I was a ballplayer and we smashed and then she find out I'm not, is that rape? :dwillhuh:

I'm really trying to not be dense about this, but this shyt isn't making sense to me

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Where is the line drawn on that tho? If I meet a girl and I told her I was a ballplayer and we smashed and then she find out I'm not, is that rape? :dwillhuh:

I'm really trying to not be dense about this, but this shyt isn't making sense to me

I'm not saying I have the answer....this shyt all a slippery slope. Who knows what a jury might say? I have no clue where the line is:patrice:

At this point it's best just to be honest and stop tryna trick your way into p*ssy...that's just me. I ain't taking chances with my freedom, ain't no hoe worth that:francis:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I know she ain't gonna call rape on the indian cat who took off the rubber. I say this cuz she's still fukking with him in the next episode like everything was cool, and didn't make a big deal about the rubber outside of saying he needs to buy her a morning after pill.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I know she ain't gonna call rape on the indian cat who took off the rubber. I say this cuz she's still fukking with him in the next episode like everything was cool, and didn't make a big deal about the rubber outside of saying he needs to buy her a morning after pill.
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
1. Rape by deception is sexual misconduct.

2. The show is not about rape. The show is about consent. I would wager that most people defending these actions are not concerned about rape, they are concerned with consequences. Can they get away with some of the actions shown? Not whether or not it is amoral.

2b/3. I think most men are doing themselves a disservice by viewing the show from this perspective. Your ego will automatically put yourself on the defensive. Consider consent for a more open and equal experience. People want the ability to choose what they are getting into. We have terms & conditions for other services, why is that more important than our own bodies? Being scammed is being violationed.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Episode 5 definitely was much much better. I feel the directors cut out a lot of the slack in the show.

I loved that time lapse shot of London and just seeing the grey clouds roll over the city. I've had some great times in that city.