I m calling out the GETMARRIED crew for their hypocrisy

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Please tell me you're joking.

People are ignoring this.

So convenient that you have personal examples to refute research. Yeah, some of those were obvious but can't you at least concede that there are SOME benefits in getting married for men?

This idea that women are just lying in wait to trap some man into marriage and then divorce him, take his money and children, and skip away into the sunset is ridiculous. Not everyone should get married but these super extreme responses to the idea of marriage say more about the women yall interact with than the institution of marriage itself.

:leon: I'm not joking. Look at the explanation for the pay gap.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
That's your line that you like to promote but it is just not true.

If a woman gets sole custody either the man didn't want custody or he didn't deserve it. The average child support payment is $350. Would you take someone else's bad ass kid and raise him on your own for $350 a month? How is that a "win"?

Less than 13% of divorces result in alimony. Only men who entered the marriage under the agreement that they would be the sole breadwinner are hit with alimony, and in reality it's fair most times. He said "I do" under the premise that he would provide the financial support and she would raise the kids. In the event of a divorce the kids don't disapear so neither should his financial support. Furthermore the woman sacrifices her earning potential to play her part in the marriage, so it would be unfair to then throw her on the streets with no support seeing how she can't support herself right away.

Your "new guy" statement proves how scorned and scared of women/relationships you are.

You are wrong on so many levels bruh :snoop:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
exception to the rule = cop out's women love to use....y'all are not as special as y'all believe y'all are

Yeah but if the rule is that all women aren't shyt or in a man's case all men aren't shyt, then it's only understandable that people feel like the exception.

People for the most part are decent. A lot of you are basing your opinions on hearsay and internet articles. You haven't even experienced any of the examples you bring up but yet you have such resistance to it.

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
Yeah but if the rule is that all women aren't shyt or in a man's case all men aren't shyt, then it's only understandable that people feel like the exception.

People for the most part are decent. A lot of you are basing your opinions on hearsay and internet articles. You haven't even experienced any of the examples you bring up but yet you have such resistance to it.
i haven't experienced what examples? people feeling like they're the exception? i've dealt with women who believed they were the exception and displayed the same actions as people who blatantly ain't shyt...people are decent when it's convenient for them...so how do you handle someone who don't see it as a benefit for them to be decent anymore and you're vulnerable in a situation that's in their power?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i haven't experienced what examples? people feeling like they're the exception? i've dealt with women who believed they were the exception and displayed the same actions as people who blatantly ain't shyt...people are decent when it's convenient for them...so how do you handle someone who don't see it as a benefit for them to be decent anymore and you're vulnerable in a situation that's in their power?

Your marriage shouldn't be a power struggle and if you've let it get to the point where you're vulnerable, then you dropped the ball a long time ago. I don't know the details of your relationship but you seem hurt and angry but that doesn't mean screw the entire institution of marriage. It should be you taking control of your marriage and being serious about it. Paying attention and not making the same mistake twice, not total avoidance. I'm sorry you experienced a fukked up chick but every woman isn't her.

Daps
Reppin
Your marriage shouldn't be a power struggle and if you've let it get to the point where you're vulnerable, then you dropped the ball a long time ago. I don't know the details of your relationship but you seem hurt and angry but that doesn't mean screw the entire institution of marriage. It should be you taking control of your marriage and being serious about it. Paying attention and not making the same mistake twice, not total avoidance. I'm sorry you experienced a fukked up chick but every woman isn't her.
i'm vulnerable to the legal system being in my potential wives favor...don't confuse me being proactive with me being bitter...i don't have a problem at all with committing to a woman long term but i don't see the reward in a marriage being worth the risk

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm vulnerable to the legal system being in my potential wives favor...don't confuse me being proactive with me being bitter...i don't have a problem at all with committing to a woman long term but i don't see the reward in a marriage being worth the risk

Marriage is not the "risk", the person YOU selected to marry is the risk. If you've got the right wife, you'll make 4x more with her than you could have by yourself in the same span of time. Even in the event of divorce if she's entitled to half, your half will still be way more than what you had when you started the marriage.

Daps
Reppin
Marriage is not the "risk", the person YOU selected to marry is the risk. If you've got the right wife, you'll make 4x more with her than you could have by yourself in the same span of time. Even in the event of divorce if she's entitled to half, your half will still be way more than what you had when you started the marriage.
imma need you to breakdown this math cuz that don't sound right

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
imma need you to breakdown this math cuz that don't sound right

If you're making 40k
and your wife is making 30k, as a household you have 70k. Say you two live off the 30k and invest the 40k. By yourself you wouldn't have been able to invest 40k in one year. Even if you can only save $30k , you still wouldn't have been able to do that alone. Keep that up over the course of years and you both will be sitting pretty financially.

I think marriages should be financial "come ups" but not just for the sake of coming up. You have to really feel for someone in order to combine your finances like that. But people don't treat it like that because they don't have anything to lose. Those are the people you want to avoid marrying. That's why I said the person you marry is the risk not marriage itself as a whole.

Daps
Reppin
If you're making 40k
and your wife is making 30k, as a household you have 70k. Say you two live off the 30k and invest the 40k. By yourself you wouldn't have been able to invest 40k in one year. Even if you can only save $30k , you still wouldn't have been able to do that alone. Keep that up over the course of years and you both will be sitting pretty financially.

I think marriages should be financial "come ups" but not just for the sake of coming up. You have to really feel for someone in order to combine your finances like that. But people don't treat it like that because they don't have anything to lose. Those are the people you want to avoid marrying. That's why I said the person you marry is the risk not marriage itself as a whole.
that's not including potential child support payments if i decided to have children

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Please point out what was wrong

In most cases females come out of marriage on top. Females most of the time get custody of the children, are awarded alomony and child support. Females essentially come up and are the "victors" in divorces. You have to know that as truth.

How many countless times have u heard the phrase "she took him to the cleaners?" :usure: I know dudes and know of dudes that have had to sell their own possesions in order to pay their wives money as part of their divorce.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In most cases females come out of marriage on top.
Not true

Females most of the time get custody of the children, are awarded alomony and child support.
Most times the man is ok with her getting custody, if not joint custody is awarded. Alimony is awarded in only 13% of marriages. Regardless of if its ordered or not you will spend most of your money on your child. That's just the way it works.

Females essentially come up and are the "victors" in divorces. You have to know that as truth.
It's not true at all. No one "wins" in a divorce unless of course your talking about some rich dude-trophy wife stuff.

How many countless times have u heard the phrase "she took him to the cleaners?" :usure: I know dudes and know of dudes that have had to sell their own possesions in order to pay their wives money as part of their divorce.

I know a woman who ended up homeless after a divorce. Does that mean men are "winning"?

All you did was repeat all the same incorrect nonsense that reincar said. Y'all need to quit listening to these scorned Internet dudes, its not healthy.