‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Men are getting evicted too nikka. A couple getting evicted isn't any better than an individual getting evicted.

Buying i virtually impossible if you don't have a down-payment, have evictions on your record (which stay for years), or have to be transient due to work.

What about social media has led you to believe this. The only thing I see on my social media apps are regular ass people didn't regular ass shyt.

Housing access is hard, housing is expensive, cheap housing puts your children and your lives in danger.
Where I live the average median rent is almost $1500 - if you want to try and live in a place that's $800/month you're going to deal with shootings, mold, property manegemtn not fixing issues, regular break-ins, etc.

Shut yo bytch ass up goofy rapist sambo ass nikka

Be a man and keep your emotions in check.
Are you saying she couldnt have found housing for closer to 2000$. Instead of the 2500 she was paying for? Im willing to bet that she could have. But a dummy like you would write that 500$ difference off like its nothing. Lets say 2200 and she only had 300$ difference.

Did you know that extra 300$ saved for a year is 3600$. And over a 4 year period thats 14400? Maybe Im wrong but I strongly believe if she had that 14400 saved,along with maybe 5000$ from those 7K in chairs. 21K would have helped this woman immensely. Now lets cut that in half. I still believe 10K would have possibly helped her avoid eviction.

If rent is impossibly expensive and theres a low margin for error or emergency,every dollar counts. But I'd guess you would rather victimize these people than give solutions ,or point out their mistakes so others can learn. Because if people dont keep getting evicted over and over for the same thing,your punk ass would be out of a job:martin:

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
It's amazing how if the article said, "Black people get evicted more than anyone else" there would be a certain kind of reply in here.

But since "women" was in the title we're getting an entirely different kind of reply in here.
These dudes will not pass up a chance to shyt on a female. Will not pass it up for one second. So much unresolved hurt on here it's not funny. I used to think dudes were trolling. shyt is beyond said.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
5S4RfCRh.jpg

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
An article about black women evicted on the coli turns into incel banter :wow:. Man this country is fukked 2400 dollars a month is like a 600k house note.
Gonna end up with rent caps eventually. This issue will end up making rounds in DC at some point. probably within the next 5 years. More than likely within the next decade. Republicans are going to scream bloody murder over it but it really is getting waaaayyyyy out of hand. Once it affects enough white folks there will be meaningful legislation. Just the way it is in this country.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We need to bring back the black family unit and start organizing more and getting on the same page in our communities…

But… fukk bytches get money I guess :yeshrug:

We need to G-check the landlords first!!!!

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
“Each room had its own particular style. It was just so beautiful, I wish you could have seen it,” Chambers said. "Now all I have to show is how hard I have fallen."

When moving day came, Chambers spackled the holes her sons had accidentally left in the walls with a putty knife.

Hours later, her son, Michael, who is legally disabled and bipolar, punched another hole in the freshly repaired wall.

"It was a lot for my two kids to understand what was happening," Chambers said. "Those were the hardest days. Not having any help to move out. The triple degree heat."

Chambers hoped she might avoid eviction if she reached a settlement. Pandemic restrictions in Washington caused the eviction process to drag on for seven months.

She applied for emergency rental assistance from King County. Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges – every penny she owed.

However, an eviction still appears on Chambers' record because potential landlords are able to see all filings, as opposed to only the outcome. Landlords typically use third-party tenant screening companies to filter through prospective applicants. These companies pull information including expunged or sealed criminal records. Companies can also make mistakes if applicants have the same name.

ec88499ffc5ceedc7d6b4bf07f3afaf1

Melody Rivers, 59, was evicted from her home in 2017. After finding out she had precancerous Polyps and had to have emergency surgery, she was laid off from her job shortly after. When she came home from her surgery, she had received a three-day notice to pay her rent, and after pleading her case in court, was evicted from her home.

Similar to an arrest record, an eviction record can follow tenants for decades, drastically limiting their opportunities to start over.

In some states like Washington, tenants can receive an order from the court that stops screening companies from showing a prior eviction. According to a copy of Chambers' signed May 11, 2021 settlement reviewed by USA TODAY, her landlords agreed to such an order in exchange for receiving what they were owed.

The order has still not been filed almost a year later.

Chambers said she has called her landlords several times but they have been unresponsive.

Chambers' landlords declined to be included in this story.

Chambers' options were already restricted by her income. Since 2021, rent prices have skyrocketed 14% nationwide and 25% in Seattle.

Chambers could only move to one place. She had a friend who knew a guy who rented apartments. No credit check. No backgrounding. She signed a two-year lease for an apartment in north Seattle for $2,000.

Five months after the eviction, Chambers, who once prided herself in living in a magazine-worthy house, was living without working heat, a dishwater or hot water in the upstairs bathroom. Moving boxes from the old house were stacked floor to ceiling in the living and dining rooms of Chambers' apartment. Dishes were piled in the sink. She had taped the unfinished stair railing together to make it safer.

81b8eebbcdef83b0b20d27dcdc9180a0

Five months after Nicole Chambers' eviction, boxes and furniture fill up the living room of the only apartment she was able to find with a fresh eviction on her record. The apartment has no heat, no hot water in one of the bathrooms and no yard.

Some nights Chambers was so exhausted she'd fall asleep immediately on the mattress that's on her bedroom floor. Others, she would stay awake, ruminating with her nine-year-old chihuahua Estelle next to her about the home she had lost.

On the day before she moved out of the green house, Chambers sat down to drape her beloved living room furniture in bubble wrap. There was a four-piece Persian set with a sofa and three throne chairs. The chairs had gold, hand-carved roses overlaid with lush fabrics and had cost her $7,000. Chambers lovingly touched each item, the possessions she had worked so hard for.

"This home in Auburn was proof that I had made it, that I had gotten out and now everything was gone," Chambers said.

"We have to leave the oven on to warm up the house," Chambers said.

Chambers had turned to the gig economy. First, as an Instacart shopper and then on Handy, to clean houses. Inflation began to creep in. Her car was repossessed twice. She borrowed money from her dad in Alabama. There's $5,000 worth of jewelry at the pawn shop — all to never miss a rent payment again.

"All of this stuff snowballed after I moved out, everything became a hassle to pay," said Chambers.

“Each room had its own particular style. It was just so beautiful, I wish you could have seen it,” Chambers said. "Now all I have to show is how hard I have fallen."

When moving day came, Chambers spackled the holes her sons had accidentally left in the walls with a putty knife.

Hours later, her son, Michael, who is legally disabled and bipolar, punched another hole in the freshly repaired wall.

"It was a lot for my two kids to understand what was happening," Chambers said. "Those were the hardest days. Not having any help to move out. The triple degree heat."

Chambers hoped she might avoid eviction if she reached a settlement. Pandemic restrictions in Washington caused the eviction process to drag on for seven months.

She applied for emergency rental assistance from King County. Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges – every penny she owed.

However, an eviction still appears on Chambers' record because potential landlords are able to see all filings, as opposed to only the outcome. Landlords typically use third-party tenant screening companies to filter through prospective applicants. These companies pull information including expunged or sealed criminal records. Companies can also make mistakes if applicants have the same name.

ec88499ffc5ceedc7d6b4bf07f3afaf1

Melody Rivers, 59, was evicted from her home in 2017. After finding out she had precancerous Polyps and had to have emergency surgery, she was laid off from her job shortly after. When she came home from her surgery, she had received a three-day notice to pay her rent, and after pleading her case in court, was evicted from her home.

Similar to an arrest record, an eviction record can follow tenants for decades, drastically limiting their opportunities to start over.

In some states like Washington, tenants can receive an order from the court that stops screening companies from showing a prior eviction. According to a copy of Chambers' signed May 11, 2021 settlement reviewed by USA TODAY, her landlords agreed to such an order in exchange for receiving what they were owed.

The order has still not been filed almost a year later.

Chambers said she has called her landlords several times but they have been unresponsive.

Chambers' landlords declined to be included in this story.

Chambers' options were already restricted by her income. Since 2021, rent prices have skyrocketed 14% nationwide and 25% in Seattle.

Chambers could only move to one place. She had a friend who knew a guy who rented apartments. No credit check. No backgrounding. She signed a two-year lease for an apartment in north Seattle for $2,000.

Five months after the eviction, Chambers, who once prided herself in living in a magazine-worthy house, was living without working heat, a dishwater or hot water in the upstairs bathroom. Moving boxes from the old house were stacked floor to ceiling in the living and dining rooms of Chambers' apartment. Dishes were piled in the sink. She had taped the unfinished stair railing together to make it safer.

81b8eebbcdef83b0b20d27dcdc9180a0

Five months after Nicole Chambers' eviction, boxes and furniture fill up the living room of the only apartment she was able to find with a fresh eviction on her record. The apartment has no heat, no hot water in one of the bathrooms and no yard.

Some nights Chambers was so exhausted she'd fall asleep immediately on the mattress that's on her bedroom floor. Others, she would stay awake, ruminating with her nine-year-old chihuahua Estelle next to her about the home she had lost.

On the day before she moved out of the green house, Chambers sat down to drape her beloved living room furniture in bubble wrap. There was a four-piece Persian set with a sofa and three throne chairs. The chairs had gold, hand-carved roses overlaid with lush fabrics and had cost her $7,000. Chambers lovingly touched each item, the possessions she had worked so hard for.

"This home in Auburn was proof that I had made it, that I had gotten out and now everything was gone," Chambers said.

"We have to leave the oven on to warm up the house," Chambers said.

Chambers had turned to the gig economy. First, as an Instacart shopper and then on Handy, to clean houses. Inflation began to creep in. Her car was repossessed twice. She borrowed money from her dad in Alabama. There's $5,000 worth of jewelry at the pawn shop — all to never miss a rent payment again.

"All of this stuff snowballed after I moved out, everything became a hassle to pay," said Chambers.

Demoncratic cities need to do a better job at protecting Black Women

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's not how section 8 housing works breh, those waitlists are unbelievably long, in every major city

Blown away by that poster having no clue how Section 8 [doesn't] work. I've known single moms on disability who were on the waiting list for over ten years.

An article about black women evicted on the coli turns into incel banter :wow:.
These dudes will not pass up a chance to shyt on a female. Will not pass it up for one second. So much unresolved hurt on here it's not funny. I used to think dudes were trolling. shyt is beyond said.

It's been fukking incredible recently. In the last 3 days alone I must have posted on at least half-a-dozen threads that just devolved into black woman-hating for no goddamn reason. Absolutely nothing - not racism, not politics, literally nothing - gets targeted for hate by these posters as much as black women do.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be a man and keep your emotions in check.
Are you saying she couldnt have found housing for closer to 2000$. Instead of the 2500 she was paying for? Im willing to bet that she could have. But a dummy like you would write that 500$ difference off like its nothing. Lets say 2200 and she only had 300$ difference.

Did you know that extra 300$ saved for a year is 3600$. And over a 4 year period thats 14400? Maybe Im wrong but I strongly believe if she had that 14400 saved,along with maybe 5000$ from those 7K in chairs. 21K would have helped this woman immensely. Now lets cut that in half. I still believe 10K would have possibly helped her avoid eviction.

If rent is impossibly and theres a low margin for error or emergency,every dollar counts. But I'd guess you would rather victimize these people than give solutions ,or point out their mistakes so others can learn. Because if people dont keep getting evicted over and over for the same thing,your punk ass would be out of a job:martin:
Be a man and get p*ssy without having to press a woman at gunpoint :comeon:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
This long ass article, just post an excerpt and the link in one post

Based off of what I read, all I got to say is; raise your sons in the pacific northwest, brehettes :mjpls: