" I like light-skinned guys, because I don't want no nappy headed ass baby"

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This made its way onto my timeline on twitter and I blame people making fun of dark skin and nappy head people when their kids. That shyt can affect kids so much even if your joking. People need to stop doing that dumb shyt.
Nah Foh everybody get made fun of I'm not here for the weak excuses you giving out.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Nah Foh everybody get made fun of I'm not here for the weak excuses you giving out.

It’s not excuse I’m telling specifically why dark skin people think that way. Me and my ex from 6 grade was just talking about this on Twitter. She said she didn’t get over the dark skin taunting until college.

I got over it earlier because I was popular and played sports. I also had my pops in my life and seen that women liked him and heard the stories of him in his day. What them two girls have is a sickness that was manifested a long time ago.

If you don’t believe me go talk to the dark skin people in your family and ask them about the insults they received as a kid and how it follows them.

You see it with light skin dudes acting overly masculine in the hood. It’s because they were called soft all they life and they usually got bullied. That pop off way faster because they been going through it a lot.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It’s not excuse I’m telling specifically why dark skin people think that way. Me and my ex from 6 grade was just talking about this on Twitter. She said she didn’t get over the dark skin taunting until college.

I got over it earlier because I was popular and played sports. I also had my pops in my life and seen that women liked him and heard the stories of him in his day. What them two girls have is a sickness that was manifested a long time ago.

If you don’t believe me go talk to the dark skin people in your family and ask them about the insults they received as a kid and how it follows them.

You see it with light skin dudes acting overly masculine in the hood. It’s because they were called soft all they life and they usually got bullied. That pop off way faster because they been going through it a lot.
Them dark skin people weak then. I'm dark skin and folks had jokes on me and none of that shyt applies to me. Those cats weak straight up. I don't need to talk to the dark skin people in my family when I'm dark skin myself and if they said what you said I'd tell them they weak too. Only exception for me is little kids because they don't know better but adults nah son

Daps
The full video:
Most of the broads, including the girl beside the one who made that comment, said they prefer dark skin men. Some of their reasons as to why were almost as stupid as that girls comment.
I'm light skin and not offended by their preferences. It is what it is :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But if you’re not wearing hair that’s your texture, that’s kinda sus.
not really, if you straighten your hair, why would you get natural extensions? we don't apply the self-hate label to non-black people with curly hair who straighten it, why must black women e limited to what's considered acceptable? if you have curly/kinky/nappy etc. hair it's versatile, you're free to wear it in multiple states. most women i know who rock weave or extensions, including me when i wear them, it's simply to add length/volume, not to hide or cover up anything about my heritage. (i mainly rock my hair natural, yet appreciate it in every state)

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
not really, if you straighten your hair, why would you get natural extensions? we don't apply the self-hate label to non-black people with curly hair who straighten it, why must black women e limited to what's considered acceptable? if you have curly/kinky/nappy etc. hair it's versatile, you're free to wear it in multiple states. most women i know who rock weave or extensions, including me when i wear them, it's simply to add length/volume, not to hide or cover up anything about my heritage. (i mainly rock my hair natural, yet appreciate it in every state)
Nah that ain’t what I mean. I mean the weaves that look like it belong to an Indian woman and it looks messed up especially when it’s not blended properly.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol damn near all of those broads said they prefer dark skinned guys so what's the big deal that some dumb bird said she prefers light skin with "good" hair?:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Them dark skin people weak then. I'm dark skin and folks had jokes on me and none of that shyt applies to me. Those cats weak straight up. I don't need to talk to the dark skin people in my family when I'm dark skin myself and if they said what you said I'd tell them they weak too. Only exception for me is little kids because they don't know better but adults nah son

why is that anytime a black men speaks out against colorism there is always that one or two dark skin brothers that say "i got made fun of every day, its just jokes breh" or "yall weak".
c'mon man everyone has different experiences and coping mechanisms.
for me the jokes were quite severe but it didnt help that i was a shy and quiet kid. even as a child i was ridiculed by adults who should have known better.
my most memorable experience was on a rainy day and one of my friends mom slamming the door on me while letting all of the other kids in their house to play. the next day my 'friends' said i couldnt come in because i didnt pass the 'paper bag' test. keep in mind we were 9 YEARS OLD.
this is how sickening colorism is. it is isnt something to be undermine.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
But I’m telling you that’s when it starts, I can’t call other people weak because I’m able to shake shyt off. That’s showing no empathy and a lack of understanding. Everybody ain’t built like us.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
why is that anytime a black men speaks out against colorism there is always that one or two dark skin brothers that say "i got made fun of every day, its just jokes breh" or "yall weak".
c'mon man everyone has different experiences and coping mechanisms.
for me the jokes were quite severe but it didnt help that i was a shy and quiet kid. even as a child i was ridiculed by adults who should have known better.
my most memorable experience was on a rainy day and one of my friends mom slamming the door on me while letting all of the other kids in their house to play. the next day my 'friends' said i couldnt come in because i didnt pass the 'paper bag' test. keep in mind we were 9 YEARS OLD.
this is how sickening colorism is. it is isnt something to be undermine.
Why is everytime yall nikkas wanna be victims and I say y'all weak y'all want to prove y'all are victims? Obviously I don't give a fukk about your copping mechanisms and just feel you're weak. I never said we had the same experiences I just find y'all weak on this issue. You disagree that's cool too.

I don't believe in colorism in a dating sense or as a way not to get jokes told about you. I will always say that's bullshyt and victim mentality. Maybe if you wasn't a shy and quiet kid on top of being dark skin you'd feel like me instead of still triggered like you are now it seems. It's a shame you feel that way but I have no sympathy for adults on that stuff sorry.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
But I’m telling you that’s when it starts, I can’t call other people weak because I’m able to shake shyt off. That’s showing no empathy and a lack of understanding. Everybody ain’t built like us.
I know where that weakness starts but if these people were getting shown constant love by now they wouldn't still be using that excuse. Maybe these people ugly and can't get the folks they want so they take the easy way and blame it on their complexion? I can't empathize with that and won't fake like I can either. If I have no empathy or understanding I'll be guilty as hell on that charge because I don't. Cold world my man.